Record Store Day 2010 (1 Viewer)

I remember the little music fans traipsing from shop to shop in their bare feet with only a piece of their dead mother's hair to offer as currency. It was hard back then but at least they were real people looking for real music, know what I mean lads?

From the Jim Carroll blog

Purchasing habits for many music fans have changed and theyare no longer be able to spend their lunch hour or Saturday morning traipsing from shop to shop.
http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/

drunken boat are giving away a free 3 song thing too with some new tunes... available in tower or road... limited to fifity... form an orderly queue.. blah, blah, blah

Will all the Dublin stores be getting the limited vinyl releases that are coming out on that day? Like, will the 4AD 12" and the Beach House 12" be in all stores or maybe just 5 copies in Road or summat?

There'll be copies of a free Slow Loris compilation CD in Road with two tracks each from: At Last an Atlas, St. Catherine's Home for Lazy Infants, The Driftwood Manor, The Hollows and Northstation.

You know it's all fucked when the Guardian starts telling you the do's and don'ts of independent record store shopping.
They also seem to think that independence starts and ends with Rough Trade.

I thought there was an element of "luck" supposed to be involved in who got what. If a person knew the record they wanted didn't show up they may not visit the shop. I thought a big part of the day was about getting people in the shops?

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

I thought there was an element of "luck" supposed to be involved in who got what. If a person knew the record they wanted didn't show up they may not visit the shop. I thought a big part of the day was about getting people in the shops?

Maybe I'm thinking about it too much.

I see what you mean but it's no mystery what's going to be available on the day and we got nearly everything that's available to Europe. The point of putting up the list is to let people unacquainted with what's going on know just how much limited edition stuff will be there to buy on the day and to let the collectors know that they'll have to get there bloody early to get certain titles.

Tower will also have a "soon to be deleted LP section", competitions, live music, ticket giveaways and discounts on turntables among other things. There are plenty of reasons to come in on the day (it being a sunny Saturday being just one) and the limited product is just another.

I'm obviously blind, but I can't see a link to a list on the tower records site at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back