Record Store Day 2010 (1 Viewer)

Space

is deep
Supporter
Solutions
April 17th this year any cool stuff happening for it? I'm gonna be away otherwise I'd be making sure the lads up here do something for it. Might have to get them to do something anyway.

Soundgarden and SubPop to re-release on Record Store Day:

"Hunted Down" b/w "Nothing To Say"

A limited edition, orange vinyl 7" reissue of Soundgarden's SubPop debut single "Hunted Down" b/w "Nothing To Say" will be available at select independent record stores on Record Store Day, April 17th.

Villagers Home (Early Demo)
Large Mound Rubbish Coffee
Halfset Body Clock
Dinah Brand Go Inside
Legion Of Two Swan Song
Jape Cathedrals
Chequerboard City Of Theives
Brian Cullen's Love Bullets Killing For Company
So Cow Sheila The Destroyer
Katie Kim Lamp (Home Recording)
Waiting Room Denis (Decal Remix)
The Dudley Corporation Laugh It Up
John Haggis Bitter Root Hill
T-Woc Tubz Halves Blood Branches
The LK Eurovision (Northstation Remix)

Road are putting together a compilation CD for RSD 2010. Mumblin Deaf Ro and Richer Than Astronauts are supposed to be on it but I don't know who else.

Large Mound, My Whole Life Is Have To on Vinyl, just €5 in Road on Record Store Day.

vinyl.jpg

Solid representaion from the Box Social crew. Hopefully I can grab a copy along with a copy of the Large Mound vinyl.

From the Jim Carroll blog

Like the record industry, the record stores have to realise that their past glory days are over and will not return. Accept it and move on. Purchasing habits for many music fans have changed and theyare no longer be able to spend their lunch hour or Saturday morning traipsing from shop to shop. The Kids, the ones who are supposed to save us all, favour other means to acquire music. Indeed, the next time you’re in a record store, count how many in the store are under 30 or, even, under 40 years of age. As Olan O’Brien from All City Records remarked at a Banter discussion back in January, “running a record store is like running an angling shop these days: the customers are all middle-aged men”.

http://www.irishtimes.com/blogs/ontherecord/

there will be a limited run of handmade windings - "Brain Fluid" cassettes (35) available for free to shoppers at Dublin's Road Records and Tower Records on the day. There are 4 different b-sides including "Go" (D Johnston), "The Winner Takes It All" (ABBA), "Golden Slumbers" (The Beatles), "Hard Copy" (windings)
Also, for Saturday only, to celebrate Record Store Day, all OOAL back cat is available from Road Records for €5 a disc!

379.jpg

"
Compiled as a limited 12" release for Record Store Day 2010 on Saturday April 17, Fragments From Work In Progress finds various artists from the 4AD roster exclusively showcasing rough drafts and material ahead of each act's forthcoming work."
A1: Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti 'Menopause Man'
A2: Tune-Yards 'You Yes You'
B1: Blonde Redhead 'Not Getting There'
B2: Gang Gang Dance 'Slime City (Heaven)'
B3: The Big Pink 'With You'

Sweetness bar the big pink, which are very dull indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back