strike anywhere - question the answer
j church - where the trains go
propagandhi - anchorless
eyehategod - my name is god/dogs holy life
the gossip - nite/no, no, no

and one full album:
bikini kill - the singles

nice one. where did you get them?

Chapters, the new one on Parnell St. The old one is gone. I just walked in and perchance, completely not usual of me I walked over to the t.v section of their videos. 8 videos for 20euro (they have a four for ten deal). It had been a bad day - I had received cds in the post of stuff that I had ordered on vinyl off Swami. I just returned them asap to reduce anger levels and sent a scorching email to Merch Lackey.

Bought yesterday:
Ten Past Seven - Shut Up Your Face
Jesu - Silver

Today:
VA - American Hardce (tracks to accompany the film)
Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen

Chapters, the new one on Parnell St. The old one is gone. I just walked in and perchance, completely not usual of me I walked over to the t.v section of their videos. 8 videos for 20euro (they have a four for ten deal). It had been a bad day - I had received cds in the post of stuff that I had ordered on vinyl off Swami. I just returned them asap to reduce anger levels and sent a scorching email to Merch Lackey.

what's the new chapters like?
heard it's real big

decent second hand vhs/dvds?

i guess all their second hand vinyl was sold off years ago

heard it's real big

It's fairly spacious but there's not a brilliant selection and prices on new books don't compare favourably with Waterstone's or Books Upstairs. Their second-hand section ain't as good as The Secret Book & Record Store.

DVD-wise, there doesn't look like much to coo about. I picked up Beau Travail a few weeks back but they'd nowt interesting there yesterday.
Mind you I didn't even glance at the VHS section.

heard it's real big

It's pretty big, but doesn't seem too much bigger than the old one. The unfortunate thing is it's too bright - y'know like a supermarket. Design and spacial comparisons to shops like Hodges and Figgis are immediately apparent and inevitable. The second-hand bookstore is really good though, as is the videos section which was always good anyway. Yeah someone was telling me not even that long ago Chapters was the place for second-hand vinyl. They destroy us with news like that.

So, in conclusion second-hand vhs and dvd pretty damn good as always. Second-hand bookstore ditto.The main book section leaves something to be desired - no John Cheever even, too much Will Self - where's the balance?

It's fairly spacious but there's not a brilliant selection and prices on new books don't compare favourably with Waterstone's or Books Upstairs. Their second-hand section ain't as good as The Secret Book & Record Store.

DVD-wise, there doesn't look like much to coo about. I picked up Beau Travail a few weeks back but they'd nowt interesting there yesterday.
Mind you I didn't even glance at the VHS section.

New books are a ridiculous price anyway.

The secret book & record store is a treasure trove - seriously good for those film-maker on film-maker books.

The thing about dvds in Chapters is they don't order stuff, it's just what ever their distributor stocks them. I'm telling you, and people laugh right in my face when I say this, but they had 'Salo' there a year or two ago. Such a twit, can't believe I didn't buy it. Then, I didn't know it was going to be deleted either...

salo was deleted?
my copy of it has gone AWOL to some nut who borrowed it from someone else ("with my permission") and seems to be refusing to give it back

he doesn't buy dvds as he doesn't believe in it. fuckin nut!

salo was deleted?
my copy of it has gone AWOL to some nut who borrowed it from someone else ("with my permission") and seems to be refusing to give it back

he doesn't buy dvds as he doesn't believe in it. fuckin nut!

As far I know. I think a few people on Thumped have paid ridiculous ebay prices for it.

Always the case with these people (who borrow shit off you). Or the guy that begs you for some film, you lend it to him. Every time you meet him, you say "hey, did you watch that film yet?"

This of course, goes on for years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back