Recently Purchased (3 Viewers)

Their second-hand section ain't as good as The Secret Book & Record Store.

*cough* thats freebird. we had out a loada recent stuff last week for 7-99 like history of violence and wolf creek and a few others. do most people know that we are there and we sell 2nd hand dvds? i still meet people who hadnt a clue freebirds in there. the 2nd hand cds can be iffy a lot of the time cos the boss insists on taking in loadsa stuff like kelly clarkson, which we do sell strangely enough. oh! i got DUEL on vhs the other day. YES!!!
and we have a few boxsets that might interest people here.. prison break series 1 and the awful O.C. drop in on a sunday and have a chat.

"the evens - get even" finally got it and its very good but dunno if its as good as the first one, we shall see after a few more listens.

Ordered a couple of 7"'s off Rimbaud which should be in the post and "We Jam Econo" from the states. REally looking forward to we jam econo..|..|

Had a spendin spree just yesterday in dublin..

CDs:
Jandek - Six And Six
Spiritualized - The Complete Works Volume Two

7 inches:
Joan Of Arse/estel - Split
Klaxons - gloden Skans (2 versions of it)
Cobra Starship - Snakes On A Plane

12 inches:
Animal Collective - Feels (2 x LP)
Animal Collective - People (Single)
Kinfed/Scientific Bong - Split
Comets On Fire - Avatar
Wolf Eyes - Human Animal
Gang Green - Living Loving Maid
Klaxons - Myths Of The Near Future (2xLP)
Bad Brains - First LP

Kinfed/Scientific Bong - Split
where d'you get this? wouldn't mind getting a copy if there's any more floating around. gonna be hitting dublin twice next week for the first (and probably last) time in months

oh yeah, i got the following in the past week or so ...

CD:
rest - operation: impending doom
genghis tron - dead mountain mouth
estel - bones of something
anahita - arcana en cantos
james blackshaw - sunshrine
the necros - tangled up/live or else
alice coltrane - transfiguration

LP:
telescopes - night terrors 7"
crass - stations of the crass
einsturzende neubauten - haus der luege

*cough* thats freebird. we had out a loada recent stuff last week for 7-99 like history of violence and wolf creek and a few others. do most people know that we are there and we sell 2nd hand dvds? i still meet people who hadnt a clue freebirds in there. the 2nd hand cds can be iffy a lot of the time cos the boss insists on taking in loadsa stuff like kelly clarkson, which we do sell strangely enough. oh! i got DUEL on vhs the other day. YES!!!
and we have a few boxsets that might interest people here.. prison break series 1 and the awful O.C. drop in on a sunday and have a chat.

I was in there today. Your shop's a mess dude! There's a load of Beatles records in the Byrds section. Second-hand vinyl is pricey *winces* - an old Superchunk record for 17.99.

I bought 'Criss-cross' by Thelonious Monk on lp today.

not ragging on anyones shop in particular, but i notice a lot of over priced (and often total junk in terrible condition) records never move - they never sell

why don't the shops just slash the price? would a steady flow of cheap shit not be more financially benefitial than holding out for that one guy who's gonna spend 12 euro on that beat up janis ian record (the guy that doesn't exist...)?

Hawkwind - Silver Machine / Seven by Seven 7"
Bow Wow Wow - Prince of Darkness / Orang-Outang 7"
the Associates - Party Fears Two / It's Better This Way 7"
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Two Tribes 7"
heaven 17 - we don't need this fascist groove thang 12"
visage - fade to gray - singles collection lp
pet shop boys - disco lp

not ragging on anyones shop in particular, but i notice a lot of over priced (and often total junk in terrible condition) records never move - they never sell

why don't the shops just slash the price? would a steady flow of cheap shit not be more financially benefitial than holding out for that one guy who's gonna spend 12 euro on that beat up janis ian record (the guy that doesn't exist...)?

Definately,when a shop always has the same stock it puts people off returning. Turnover of stock is the best way of getting people to return,the more they return the more likely they are to spend.
Also,yes, overpriced,not rare,records in dublin,in awful shape is a horrible fact.

"the evens - get even" finally got it and its very good but dunno if its as good as the first one, we shall see after a few more listens.

Ordered a couple of 7"'s off Rimbaud which should be in the post and "We Jam Econo" from the states. Really looking forward to we jam econo..|..|

Killing Spree
(retards)
el bastardo/slomatics split

I hate not having a turntable over here, gonna borrow one for a while so I can listen to vinyl again.

Killing Spree
(retards)
el bastardo/slomatics split

I hate not having a turntable over here, gonna borrow one for a while so I can listen to vinyl again.

get one of these portable ones
1157006083355_retro_full_r.JPG

I was in there today. Your shop's a mess dude! There's a load of Beatles records in the Byrds section. Second-hand vinyl is pricey *winces* - an old Superchunk record for 17.99.

I bought 'Criss-cross' by Thelonious Monk on lp today.
yeah the beatles end up with the birds alot cos what with the shop bein so damn small, people with bags on their backs wreck havoc.
ill mention it to the folks who price the vinyl. pricing 2nd hand vinyl is pretty hard sometimes and i guess we get it wrong now and then. but likewise it kinda depends on who prices stuff. like i find really hard to get 2nd hand c.ds on the shelves for 4-99 cos the person who priced it doesnt know what it is. its the nature of the game i guess.
and yeah what gorillamunch is saying is right too. im always trying to encourage price drops if something is on the shelves for ages. make way for the good stuff like!
any other comments are appreciated by the way. interested to see what the customer thinks.
and yes nate champion, i do have an excellent hairdo.

bought the cap pas cap record but the dude said they dont have the any of the cds that went with them..

also bought the new rough trade counter culture one...2 thumbs up so far..

bought the cap pas cap record but the dude said they dont have the any of the cds that went with them..

also bought the new rough trade counter culture one...2 thumbs up so far..

that sucks. I would have gone elsewhere.
got Cap Pas Cap in Road yesterday and there was a CDR in mine.

The new Rough Trade 06 is deadly - as is the 1976 comp.

yeah the beatles end up with the birds alot cos what with the shop bein so damn small, people with bags on their backs wreck havoc.

:D :D :D :D :D
Hey, I have to have a bag for my vinyls...
I only went into look for a second-hand copy of 'Slacker' which has been deleted. Always get snared by the vinyls.
Anyway just bought the new special edition,region 1(criterion). which is two-disc and has some ace extras. Cost me 33 euro mind...

ill mention it to the folks who price the vinyl. pricing 2nd hand vinyl is pretty hard sometimes and i guess we get it wrong now and then. but likewise it kinda depends on who prices stuff. like i find really hard to get 2nd hand c.ds on the shelves for 4-99 cos the person who priced it doesnt know what it is. its the nature of the game i guess.
and yeah what gorillamunch is saying is right too. im always trying to encourage price drops if something is on the shelves for ages. make way for the good stuff like!
any other comments are appreciated by the way. interested to see what the customer thinks.

Do you ever work in the other Freebird? That short-ass, shaved-head character is the biggest jerk-off that ever worked in a record store. When my friend was first buying techno records he was really condescending about counting the beats & other techno know-withal.

and yes nate champion, i do have an excellent hairdo.

That was a genuine compliment. I never jest with such matters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back