Reason crashes computer... help! (1 Viewer)

D0njo

Website
Visit site
I'm using a microKorg as a controller, every time I try to record something in Reason the computer stalls, usually going to a blue screen..... I don't have a sound card, all software stuff, just starting on this kinda thing and don't have a friggin clue why this is crashing the computer, any ideas????

You don't have a sound card? How do you hear what you play?

What are the specs of yer machine? New? Old? XP or Vista? If there's not enough ram it'll prob cause it to crash.

I'm presuming you mean that you have no external sound card and that you are using the onboard sound of your computer.

Try going to edit preferences, and change the CPU usage limit on the "General" page (try both increasing and de-creasing it). Try going to the "Audio" page here too and seeing what options are available, changing the audio card driver (there will be several options here, even for the same sound card). Try changing the buffer size upward, and see if there are any options under the "Control Panel" option here too.

Post us a picture or the text on the blue screen and that would be a big clue.

Can you play the default song or does that crash the system too?

Thats what I meant, no external sound card, Xp everything else is fairly high spec
Cool, I'll try all that, thanks for the advice

The demo song works, just seems to crash when i start recording....

Fuck Reason Thedonal.Get Cubase you mad thing.Or reaper if yer machine is gimpy.Reasons ass.

Try going to edit preferences, and change the CPU usage limit on the "General" page (try both increasing and de-creasing it). Try going to the "Audio" page here too and seeing what options are available, changing the audio card driver (there will be several options here, even for the same sound card). Try changing the buffer size upward, and see if there are any options under the "Control Panel" option here too.

Where do I change these settings?

hmm, tried all that but still the same problem... I've just run a memory test though, I think my RAM is fucking up... need to do a few more to make sure, thanks for advices!

The crack for reason consists of entering a serial. So, I doubt that's the problem.

It sounds more like a system resource issue. Best to turn off every service you don't need running in the background. Check that the likes of Firefox isn't still running in the background and turn off all that shite in the system tray you're not using.

Also, as mentioned, keep trying the preferences, and nudging the sliders. You should eventually find the optimum balance. Have you tried downloading new drivers for your soundcard? Might make a difference.

The crack for reason consists of entering a serial. So, I doubt that's the problem.

It sounds more like a system resource issue. Best to turn off every service you don't need running in the background. Check that the likes of Firefox isn't still running in the background and turn off all that shite in the system tray you're not using.

Also, as mentioned, keep trying the preferences, and nudging the sliders. You should eventually find the optimum balance. Have you tried downloading new drivers for your soundcard? Might make a difference.

There's usually no much else running when I'm doing something with sound or graphics, the drivers are fairly recent too.... ..........think it might be a hardware problem.... ...shite

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back