Reality Check Thread (1 Viewer)

Sorry, I should really stay way from rollercoaster. It's too hilarious to resist though. :D

OHGOD. It's like Bridal Narcissism TIMES ONE MILLION and then it never ends. Because once the child is born, it's going to be all "Me and my child me and my child me and my child...." Some twisted form of inverse Munchausen by Proxy, the lot of them.

Does look like there's some useful stuff on there, but there's just too much potential for crazy 'mum to be' narcissism.

Thanks for putting me off the experience for now, Diddles.

THE WORLD IS SAFE ONCE MORE.

You suck, Snaky. You're meant to be talking me out of this shit, and then you go posting something that makes my awwww-reflex absolutely quake.

Your kids are the WORST poster children for contraception.

DOESN'T ANYONE HERE HAVE A CRAP BABY?

You suck, Snaky. You're meant to be talking me out of this shit, and then you go posting something that makes my awwww-reflex absolutely quake.

Your kids are the WORST poster children for contraception.

i had a food-baby that was a crap.......?

Jane,you should watch those documentarys about baby's who are born real sick. Like that one about the kids born with primordial dwarfism that was on last night. They're just too sad. I can no longer watch anything like that,they really scare me.

Jane,you should watch those documentarys about baby's who are born real sick. Like that one about the kids born with primordial dwarfism that was on last night. They're just too sad. I can no longer watch anything like that,they really scare me.

No way, those things really upset me. They make my little heart break, and then they make me paranoid, too, and then I feel selfish for moving so quickly from empathy to sheer terror. Then I feel bad because I feel like I'm assuming that children with disabilities aren't as lovable, or are some kind of punishment and that's a horrible feeling. And then I go back to empathy and then there's the admiration for the families, then I feel like that's probably kind of patronising because they deserve dignity and respect and by then I'm too exhausted to feel anything but gutted.

No, no no no, let rollercoaster.ie be my deterrent for now. Not any of your nippers, who are anything but a deterrent. (Hi Amy! *waves dementedly*)

my wife posts on rollercoaster.

I used to check it out when I started my maternity leave (but before sproglet came) I got myself totally freaked out reading various labour horror stories. Maybe thats what you should do Jane. Put you off having a kid for ages.

I was already too invested at that point to turn back but theres still hope for you.

it wasnt that bad though and totally worth it cause sproglet is perfect.

im not settled or anything like jane, yet for as long as i can remember, ive had major maternal urges and lately they seem to be getting way stronger. it's not all-consuming or anything, i think just after my last birthday i thought 'in a few years i want to be a mama' kind of thing.

and i was doing well supressing the thoughts - until i saw this.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

does someone want to procreate with me? now???

sorry jane. i know this isnt helping - but you'll understand.

You guys are posting precious shit like this:
YouTube - 3 year old Kassie is going to kick the Monsters ass ~( ask )

When I was looking for something more along the lines of this:
YouTube - Tantrum at the Supermarket

BUT THANKS FOR NOTHING, PEEEEEOPLE.

And La La, I totally know how you feel. If it's any consolation for you, now that I'm probably just a couple of years away from the reality (although the fear of not being able to have them has now set in proper), I actually value my time a hell of a lot more than ever.

I :heart: you all, though, and yer nippers, too.

Here you go Jane.
I win.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I spent the weekend dealing with my Sister's 2 nephews - 6 months and 2 and a half. If one cried the other one did too, and they both cried A LOT. Also, great lungs on them both.

The youngest was mostly ok but very accident prone - thankfully nothing happened to him when I was taking care of him, but he went through a lot of ice packs. The older kid screamed the place down if you stopped him from climbing into the fire, throwing himself down the stairs or any other form of suicide attempt. Very entertaining.

Don't envy their folks one bit.

You also have around a 50% chance of have having wittle baby boy as well. Easy-peasy.
Have to say, Harry, my son, has always been nothin' less than great. No trouble. Hasn't cramped my style at all.:D
Mrs. Sloth and me were 2 years hitched when he came along. Surprise, surprise! Both on the dole, rocking in bands 24/7. My point, is there's never a 'right time' to have childin. After 9 months of being up the pole, yer ready for it whether or not you think you may or may not be.
Stop using contraception, and see what happens. Its like dancing with the devil.

I kind of agree that there is never really a 'right' time. Certainly you might wait until the time when you feel you are a bit more 'ready' . Mentally if you are ready then you'll make all the other stuff like careers, houses etc happen around it. Babies have an incredible way of making you rearrange and re-prioritise your life, in a good way. Suddeny an awful lot of existential crap falls away and you know what is really important. There's nothing wrong with wanting to enjoy your newly married life with just the 2 of you first..in fact that's a pretty intelligent way to think about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back