Real Life Book Club (1 Viewer)

shaney said:
that would be the helliconia trilogy. very untypical of his work and my least favorite by far (although the second one wasnt bad really, it at least had a decent enough plot...). those were very run-of-the-mill sci-fi fantasy with none of the style and wit of his good books. it was almost as if he wanted to write a bog standard sci-fi book. his good ones are funny and witty and some times the plots seem unimportant. theyre not all sci-fi either. good ones include The Malacia Tapestry, Frankenstein Unbound, The Horatio Stubbs Saga (very saucy), Forgotten Life, Remembrance Day, Somewhere East Of Life, loads of them are good. Im obsessed with him at the moment
Thanks Shane! Brilliant, I will pick something up at the weekend.

Aren't you in London Hen Pest? Might make coming to the discussion get togethers a bit tricky... maybe you could join us by SKYPE or something :p

how does it work? Everyone reads the same book and then has chats about it?

Is there a time limit?

I don't know how many I've read this year. A good few. But I get through books slowly enough when I'm at home (as opposed to travelling or whatever).

how does it work? Everyone reads the same book and then has chats about it?

I believe everyone reads different books and then reviews them and all the reviews are put together in the same place (a website I suppose). Although this could be altered to be the same books if people so wished it

Is there a time limit?
26 a year, so one every 2 weeks or be a miserable failure

I don't know how many I've read this year. A good few. But I get through books slowly enough when I'm at home (as opposed to travelling or whatever).
try harder.

I did the 28 books in 14 weeks last summer, it was fabulous, I got through quite a bit more in the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back