Real Life Book Club (2 Viewers)

Yay, lovers and players would rock although Riders is the classic. Or else the new testament, of course.
Thanks for Friday night Gill, lovely as always.
e

Yeah, thanks Gill. The madeleines were amazing.

Sorry I'm missing the Jilly Cooper/Jackie Collins extravaganza. Are we still going to go with the Saul Bellow for the following one??

So can we pick Riders ??

We should pick a date now too and put huge red circles round it in our calendar/diary/filofax/head so we don't have the trauma of last time :)

I suggest Friday 16th of February, its 4 weeks from now.

Yeah, thanks Gill. The madeleines were amazing.

Sorry I'm missing the Jilly Cooper/Jackie Collins extravaganza. Are we still going to go with the Saul Bellow for the following one??

Whats the name of the Saul Bellow one again?

The Adventures of Augie March

Right, dates for the diary - I'm moving out of my gaff at the end of March so if I'm to do my duty and have it there it'll have to be before then and we'll defo need a month's reading to get through Riders in fairness... any suggestions. Remember weekend nights allow best opportunity for cocktail drinking. :)

Right, dates for the diary - I'm moving out of my gaff at the end of March so if I'm to do my duty and have it there it'll have to be before then and we'll defo need a month's reading to get through Riders in fairness... any suggestions. Remember weekend nights allow best opportunity for cocktail drinking. :)

You're moving ! Where to ?

Dates, how about third weekend of Feb for Riders - Friday 16 or Saturday 17?
And third weekend in March for Saul Bellow - Friday 16 or Saturday 17?

Liadain will you be in Dublin those weekends?

You're moving ! Where to ?

Dates, how about third weekend of Feb for Riders - Friday 16 or Saturday 17?
And third weekend in March for Saul Bellow - Friday 16 or Saturday 17?

Liadain will you be in Dublin those weekends?
i'm not sure, our drummer broke his fingers so band paractice might be up in the air for the next while..

Whyzat? I love yer gaff.

Because the landlady is selling it :(. Me, the cat, Lynn and Peter shall all be homeless come the end of March. It's all moving very quickly. There were loads of super-posh people tramping through the house tonight thinking of buying it. SIGH. Feels kind of upsetting to have strangers in your bedroom (well, when you didn't invite them there). So if anyone knows of a lovely two-bed for let from March (start or end) in the postcodes 2, 4 or 6 lemme know.

And Gill - we are SO reading Riders, especially if you've bought it already and even if it's just you and me :).

Because the landlady is selling it :(. Me, the cat, Lynn and Peter shall all be homeless come the end of March. It's all moving very quickly. There were loads of super-posh people tramping through the house tonight thinking of buying it. SIGH. Feels kind of upsetting to have strangers in your bedroom (well, when you didn't invite them there). So if anyone knows of a lovely two-bed for let from March (start or end) in the postcodes 2, 4 or 6 lemme know.

And Gill - we are SO reading Riders, especially if you've bought it already and even if it's just you and me :).

You should buy it yourselves :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Its such a nice place, will probably sell for about 177 million i suppose......

OK,so we're reading Riders, and we'll meet around the third weekend of Feb?
Oui?

So I'm still only on p 180 of Riders, I need more time :)

Have we lost the boys for this one ?
Edel it might be just you and me discussing the virtues of Rupert and Jake....

So I'm still only on p 180 of Riders, I need more time :)

Have we lost the boys for this one ?
Edel it might be just you and me discussing the virtues of Rupert and Jake....

Oooh dear, I think I need more time too - when did we originally say - this weekend?? Maybe leave it till the last weekend of the month? The boys would be mad not to read this...it's fab. I must lend you Pandora - that was truly great - loads of illegitimate kids and gallivanting around Europe after stolen art.

Oooh dear, I think I need more time too - when did we originally say - this weekend?? Maybe leave it till the last weekend of the month? The boys would be mad not to read this...it's fab. I must lend you Pandora - that was truly great - loads of illegitimate kids and gallivanting around Europe after stolen art.

Pandora sounds fun :)
Yes I should be finished by the end of the month, oh and other good news, my friend Ruth is going to join our little group too. Yay.
Have you found a new home yet ?

Pandora sounds fun :)
Yes I should be finished by the end of the month, oh and other good news, my friend Ruth is going to join our little group too. Yay.
Have you found a new home yet ?

Not even nearly found a new home, mostly becuase I haven't really started looking. Sigh. End of the month is grand so.

i must confess i have not had a chance to read this yet due to hecticness around me of late and my considerable laziness. i'll try and get it together.

edel, best of luck with the house hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back