Random Photos (4 Viewers)

Well, I cropped that a little and rotated it, but that's all I could do. Noisy noisy nonsense.
That photo was taken in Coolock, that's your neck of the woods innit Goff?

Nah, Finglas. I suppose, in a "country mile" sort of way, you could say it's my neck of the woods.

You walked around Coolock with a camera? "You're braver than I thought."

the screen on my camera is brighter than the shots appear on my monitor, so it's hard to be certain of a spot-on exposure.

Depending on the angle, mine can give different brightness levels. The best I can approximate is by holding it perpindicular to the ground.

I recently brightened the screen up to its highest level 'cos I read it somewhere, but I can't remember why it's good. Maybe so you can see it easier in harsh daylight?

Does your camera not show you where is over/under-exposed by flashing dark/bright in the burnt out bits? In histogram view.

it does, but just solid black or white. i can select histograms too. i just have to get used to it. i tend to underexpose by one third or two thirds of a stop habitually, to stop it whiting out in the highlights, but was recently reading that that's not a good idea - may have been a link that someone posted here.

What exactly are blown highlights?

I "think" that's the correct phrase. When the bright bits are so over-exposed that you lose detail in it. It shows up on the Canon as the "white/overblown" bits flashing as black when you view the histogram.

it does, but just solid black or white. i can select histograms too. i just have to get used to it. i tend to underexpose by one third or two thirds of a stop habitually, to stop it whiting out in the highlights, but was recently reading that that's not a good idea - may have been a link that someone posted here.

Apparently, you should shoot RAW and "Expose to the right" of the histogram. Meaning, push it as far as possible without blowing out the details and losing detail. Won't work with jpeg only as you're just losing the detail anyway. But with RAW, the information will still be there.

I'm still learning. But it's slowly coming together.

Cheers. I had a look at google too it was another thing that I was aware of without knowing the correct term.

Handy advice I read was to try it in black and white. A lot pictures I take are in badly lit places so I don't come across the problem too often.

goff said:
You walked around Coolock with a camera? "You're braver than I thought."

A camera in a stylish bag that looked like a purse.
Actually that last pic was out the back of an industrial estate. Now that camera has been returned to it's owner, and I'm back to the Cybershot......for now.

I don't think much of waiting for buses either.
329511740_b392dab924.jpg

That's cool I likes it, spooky as fuck.

I must take some pictures in the fog before it clears.

One of the benefits of living so near to the biggest graveyard in the country.

I get to play with Squirrels if I walk thru' in the morning.

Which, reminds me: i thought squirells hibernated? Is it getting too warm for them or just easy pickings in Glasnevin that they don't have to store the grub?

Our fog lifted.

329510166_68d39169ff_b.jpg

Eos 350D, 1/6, f/3.5, 18mm, ISO 400.

When I was walking over O'Connel bridge on tuesday or wednesday morn this is exactly what I saw. I had the camera, but I didn't take a pic. I was pretty sure I'd fuck it up. The sky was a mad purple colour, twas surreal.

Must spread....

some random stuff from today

Somewhere in Sequoia National Park:
329787574_804017527e.jpg

Shop sign in Trona:
329786130_df6dabdfe5.jpg

Randy Sorensen's Desert Holly Espresso, also in Trona. Randy's a nice guy.
329786833_674f1e2935.jpg

The road through China Lake
329788117_42cfd44a7d.jpg

329785471_e74305098d.jpg

The view from Panamint Springs Resort:
329788642_f1d4d6764d.jpg

329789060_aad840fe1d.jpg

The Shell petrol station next door:
329781334_25e94a9adc.jpg

Some odd creature (deceased) on the restaurant wall:
329784732_5370ed2432.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back