Rabbit (1 Viewer)

Catwoman

Any fans? Of eating, not keeping in a hutch.

Only had it once, years ago but I've seen a few nice recipes and I've a hankering for it. Not many butchers seem to stock it. Is it cos the meat comes from a cute fluffy creature?

It's great.
I had rabbit that was barbequed over eucalyptus before - fantastic :)

aw :(

rabbit%203.jpg

s'just meat man
who cares what it walked like

had rabbit ages ago - liked it, don't remember much else
had horse in sardinia - liked it, quite salty, don't remember much else
maybe i put a load of salt on it, i dunno

i had rabbit with zu and lightning bolt in bologna. true story. it's really fucking tasty. heh heh heh. i know, i know.
seriously though, it's really good.

Catwoman said:
Any fans? Of eating, not keeping in a hutch.

Only had it once, years ago but I've seen a few nice recipes and I've a hankering for it. Not many butchers seem to stock it. Is it cos the meat comes from a cute fluffy creature?
I hope you enjoyed your slow roasted dinner last night, you cold-hearted monster!

hmmm my first rabbit experience was in bologna, italy, with hag and a couple of bands (one italian, one american). i'd been eating it before i knew what it was, then we asked......... the lovely italian sax player kept saying things like "mmmm rrrrrabbit", "tasty little rrrrrrabbit" (those are rolling r's) in such a funny way that it was hard not to eat it and look like you were enjoying yourself. the only people at the table who seemed a little weirded out by it were us and the yanks, but we all thought it was quite tasty.
i bet if it was cheaper and more widely available here we'd have no problem eating it. sure we eat loads of other fluffies:)

Super Dexta said:
I hope you enjoyed your slow roasted dinner last night, you cold-hearted monster!
You'll be pleased to hear it wasn't very nice. P didn't like it at all and got a Chinese, I ate all the buns I was meant to bring to the stitch n bitch. :eek:

Anybody thinking of trying Nick Nairn's recipe for rabbit casserole off the BBC site would do well to steer clear.

Those buns were damn tasty though. :p

by all accouts, it's a hard fluffy to master - but when it's done right, it is really really nice. same with buffalo. buffalo stew and grappa... i'll never forget that night - we'd been in the van all day, driving for 10 hours to this remote mountain town in northern italy to play a gig. we were all starving but didn't have time to eat before we played.
we played, broke down and went to sit around this long dining table. i got a bowl of buffalo stew and a cup of warm grappa... i could feel my chest hairs growing as i ate and drink. by the time i'd finished, i felt like i could have craked the table with my balls. total viking buzz, amazing.

When I was a kid we had rabbit stew for dinner pretty regularly, my dad used to make it. I really liked it; done properly it's really tasty and tender. We had it about as often as lamb or whatever, so never thought twice about it- only years later realised other people never ate it. So guess it's a matter of what you consider normal- it's pretty ridiculous to get all teary-eyed over a rabbit more so than any other animal we eat. Having a craving for some now actually... think you can buy it in Caviston's in Glasthule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back