Punk visting Ireland April 23-30 (1 Viewer)

mattchew

Hey my name is Matt McKeown and I am going to be visiting Ireland from the 23rd of April to the 30th and I was wondering if there was anything going on then? My Dad was born in Belfast and immigrated to the US in the 50's and he and I are coming to visit family and see his old neighborhood and all that stuff and then do the whole tourist thing but I'd like to see a show/record stores/meet punx/eat vegan food or something if that's possible.

I'm a real friendly guy, 23 years old, straight edge, vegan, skateboarder. I dunno if any of this shit matters hahaha. I also sing in a band called Vaccine. Straight edge power violence with members of Orchid/Ampere/Failures/Think I Care/Relics/A billion other Hardcore bands from the US, is that's your thing.

I guess what I am getting at is this: Whats a yank do for fun in both Northern/Southern Ireland in terms of vegan food and 'punk activities' hahaha

Thanks for the help, hopefully I can get some help with this!

Also any good Irish punk bands?
All I know is Pink Turds and Knifed really

to be honest if you straight edge not much point in trying to contact belfast punks pretty much all of them are piss heads

you'll love ireland. we eat meat by the fuckin ton/and as for vegan restaurantes?? forget it. vegetable soup is as good as it gets, although a hotels interpretation of a vegetarian dish is a fuckin stir fry. plenty of live music though, check out fibbers for punk gigs or the retro revival club (all in dublin) go on to myspace on the web and check those places out. belfast is a cool place but DONT MENTION THE FUCKIN WAR (ha ha). get back to me and i'll try and have some info for ya.

cheers

There's lots of decent vegan food in Dublin, surely some in Belfast too. Punk/hardcore gigs happen in a lot more places than fibbers too not sure if there's much happening that week though.

I know more vegetarian places than vegan, so I don't know how much help any of these will be. My personal favourite place to eat is Govindas because mmmmmmm Indian Food, plus I don't think it's possible to get that much food for that little money anywhere else. Juice is great for breakfast, but a little expensive. It's a pity you won't be in Cork because Cafe Paradiso is just the best place in the entire history of the word. I almost wept. You should try some of the vegan stuff in Seomra Spraoi too, I've never gotten around to going myself but I've been meaning to for ages and ages. Anyone tried it? Where else... Blazing Salads, Cornucopia.. Joe Burger is awesome, not vegetarian but does many great veggie options. Other non veggie places with good veggie options are Wagamama and Yamamori. Best Tofu Stek in the history of the WORLD in Yamamori. These are all in Dublin because I haven't been out to eat in Belfast... hope they're of some help.

Probably a much greater chance of gigs in dublin than in belfast.
There's hopefully gonna be a gig in dublin on the 29th. It'll be killer if/when it gets confirmed. But I'll leave it to the person sorting it to announce. (all irish bands)

thank you guys so much for all your help so far
i'll check out all these places

unsure if the moshspace suggestion was a joke or not?
hahahaha

It's not a joke, the forums over there are a lot more lively than here and most of the bands playing hardcore gigs in Dublin these days post over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back