Public transport etiquette (1 Viewer)

To start with, how come almost every time you attempt to leave a bus, train or tram in this country you come face to face with a herd of dopey looking fuckers ready to trample you underfoot without the decency or the common sense to let those disembarking do so first before they bumrush the show?

Those people are dead to me.

what about escalator etiquette? rarely can i walk down an escalator in this country, idiots all over the gaff on it.

Dead to me.

Not to mention shopping aisle etiquette, fecking trolleys at 65 degree angles left unattended while some fat arse is buried in the Angel's delight shelf

Dead to me.

i hate the 'travelator' stretch at the airport..it's not a bleedin ride, it's a mechanism to get you from A to B quicker.

Dead to me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To start with, how come almost every time you attempt to leave a bus, train or tram in this country you come face to face with a herd of dopey looking fuckers ready to trample you underfoot without the decency or the common sense to let those disembarking do so first before they bumrush the show?

Fuckin' hell. Remember the metro in Barca when we were at Primavera? Nightmare getting off.

people who sit in the wrong seats in the cinema wreck my head...cos then you show them yr tickets and they look at ya like yr asking for their first born...

And then if you decide not to bother asking them to move because there's plenty of seats left and it'd seem petty to ask them to move so you sit somewhere else but wind up stressing that some anal dickhead will ask you to get out of their seat and you look like an arse for sitting in it.

s565.jpg

This whole thread grinds my gears.

Fixed it for you there.

Folks who stack all their stuff on the seat beside them on the bus/train, because they don't want YOU to sit beside them. Even though you WOULDN'T FUCKING DREAM OF IT.
recently, i went to sit down on a coat belonging to a woman sitting on the seat beside her, because she wouldn't move it. luckily, i realised just in time that i was about to sit down on her newborn baby.

Fuckers who make more than one transaction at an ATM when there's a big queue behind them

that would be me.i like to know how much im worth before making a withdrawl.

people who sit in the wrong seats in the cinema wreck my head...cos then you show them yr tickets and they look at ya like yr asking for their first born...

also me.pulled it at hostel 2 last night,knew full well i was in the wrong seat then some foreign guy whose seat i was in started showing me his ticket and claiming the seat.i just stared blankly at him till he gave up and sat elsewhere.happy days.

I think my ultimate nightmare situation is seeing someone being harassed on the bus or train and being completely helpless. UGH.

Buses in Galway are awful. I got the No 3 bus recently (hadn't got it in about nine months, since I moved) and two dodgy characters tried to push their way to the front. One of them, a girl, waded through the huge queue and when she pushed in front of one (old, drunk) man he punched her in the back!

Then when she turned around to give out, he denied the whole thing....take that, etiquette.

I was in the Garda station a few months ago getting a form filled out and this fuckbag raja walked in, pushed me out of the way, shouted at the Gard to give him his sheet to sign and called her a fuckin bitch.

Did the Gard say 'excuse me, there's someone here before you?'

Did she say 'Here you, you little fuck, you're out on remand and you're calling a Gard a fucking bitch, ergo you can fuck off back to prison this instant.'

No. She made a bit of a remark about how did he enjoy Christmas in prison. After which he again told her she was a fucking bitch and told her to go and fuck herself.

I blame the Gards, basically. If they're taking shite like that off people, and they have POWER to do something about it but don't, well than the rest of us are fucked.

what about nuggets who cross the road and don't look where they're going. i sent some fucker flying the other day. fluh-eyeing. rammed right into him (on me bike)the dozy cunt had the grace to apologise to me when he dusted him self off.

I was in the Garda station a few months ago getting a form filled out and this fuckbag raja walked in, pushed me out of the way, shouted at the Gard to give him his sheet to sign and called her a fuckin bitch.

Did the Gard say 'excuse me, there's someone here before you?'

Did she say 'Here you, you little fuck, you're out on remand and you're calling a Gard a fucking bitch, ergo you can fuck off back to prison this instant.'

No. She made a bit of a remark about how did he enjoy Christmas in prison. After which he again told her she was a fucking bitch and told her to go and fuck herself.

I blame the Gards, basically. If they're taking shite like that off people, and they have POWER to do something about it but don't, well than the rest of us are fucked.

a relation of mine called a bangarda a fat ugly bitch and had to go to court and was in the papers and stuff. i think she got a fine or a caution or something.

And afterwards they don't have the decency to move away from the counter but stand there for ten minutes put shit back in their bag while simultaneously texting someone.
This drives me fuckin mad. The shop near work is always dead busy with people who have 15 mins to get down there, get food and get back to work, and there's always three or four fucks who do some or all of the following:

- Line up for ages along the sweets and crisps, get to the counter, put down their sammitch and then go back and spend a minute or two picking out sweets and crisps and fruit while everyone's standing there waiting for them to finish.
- Pay for €2.50 worth of stuff with a credit card while everyone's waiting for them to finish.
- Spend half an hour putting their wallet/purse back together while everyone's waiting for them to finish.
- Realise they can't carry everything so it's back into the purse/wallet to find 15c for a plastic bag while everyone's standing there wishing they could drink their fucking blood.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back