Public transport etiquette (1 Viewer)

So it's only me stuck with the memory of Carthy singing Whipping Boy and Wilco songs off key at 6AM on the train?

Yeah think I can kind of remember that, and I also remember someone smoking...not cool..which leads me to

People smoking upstairs on buses..normally people who are too scary to be told to stub it out

Growing up I remember if an elderly person got on a bus there would be a gang of people standing up and offering their seats but I've noticed these daysthat while people still vacate their seats to let them sit, a lot of people look away and pretend not to notice. Same goes when a woman (usually) gets on the bus with a buggy and a couple of kids. Someone will eventually give a seat but their are loads of total cunts who wont.

Growing up I remember if an elderly person got on a bus there would be a gang of people standing up and offering their seats but I've noticed these daysthat while people still vacate their seats to let them sit, a lot of people look away and pretend not to notice. Same goes when a woman (usually) gets on the bus with a buggy and a couple of kids. Someone will eventually give a seat but their are loads of total cunts who wont.

Yeah I've noticed that too. I've also noted that some oul wans openly glare disapprovingly at black people..anyone else notice this?

well theres no point in everyone jumping up together and causing a commotion, that wont help anyone. its best to go for seats old people wont want anyway - on the train always go towards the middle of the carriage, second seat in is worst - the old people will make a show of being grand and walk past the first seat before stopping to wait for someone to get up.

Old people need to stop skipping the queue for trains.

oh, i suppose i dont really mind if an old person wants to skip the queue but if your going to skip it then skip it and dont be floating about up the front pretending to be confused but really just waiting for someone to say "go on in there ahead of me" and then blank the person thats been considerate to you. i skipped a very long queue today in a busy office in town as i had contacts inside.

This drives me fuckin mad. The shop near work is always dead busy with people who have 15 mins to get down there, get food and get back to work, and there's always three or four fucks who do some or all of the following:

- Line up for ages along the sweets and crisps, get to the counter, put down their sammitch and then go back and spend a minute or two picking out sweets and crisps and fruit while everyone's standing there waiting for them to finish.
- Pay for €2.50 worth of stuff with a credit card while everyone's waiting for them to finish.
- Spend half an hour putting their wallet/purse back together while everyone's waiting for them to finish.
- Realise they can't carry everything so it's back into the purse/wallet to find 15c for a plastic bag while everyone's standing there wishing they could drink their fucking blood.

You need to speak out in these situations. I usually do.
Might look like a prick but it's very satisfying.

The Bus Nazi? (No public transport for you!)

He runs a tight ship-revolutionized the 46a route.

I used to get that bus a lot and always found him polite and friendly. Just don't cross him.

I got the bus to Dublin from Collon once, and THE LAST SEAT ON THE BUS was occupied by a girl's bag. I said "Pick up your bag there" and she did and I sat down, feeling empowered.

I know that girl actually. She quit her job and hit the bottle big time after that.

Oh, and smokers who blow smoke indiscriminantly at the people around and behind them when they walk up the street - go to hell. I don't care if you feel that the smoking ban gives you the right to go nuts out of doors.

Has anyone been on a long-haul bus journey with Bus Eireann lately? Is it possible to get comfortable on their buses?

Yeah the new ones are grand. Not as nice as a train but we don't have that luxury...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back