PS3 (1 Viewer)

My PS3 is getting a load of love recently thanks to MAG. Reckon it might finally be coming into it's own, apart from today's massive fuck up of course.

(googles "ps3 media server")

Sweet! I must try that.

This whole ps3 fuck up is hilarious though. I saw mag goin for 40 blips in xtravision earlier. Do I need a headset to get the most out of it?

Depends how you want to play it. If you're happy enough being a grunt and taking orders you can probably get by without one. If you want be a platoon leader/squad leader/officer in charge you'll definitely need one.

I'm tempted to pick up a PS3 for Heavy Rain and Blu-Ray playing.. Is the Blu-Ray player region free? I'd be getting stuff like Criterion discs which are Region A.

I'm tempted to pick up a PS3 for Heavy Rain and Blu-Ray playing.. Is the Blu-Ray player region free? I'd be getting stuff like Criterion discs which are Region A.

Fairly sure all blurays are region free, have never had any problems with the ones I have.

Anyone get Heavy Rain yet?

Any good?

Dantes Inferno started to bore me about half way through to the end. I might leave GOW 3 for a while now because of it.
40% into Arkham Asylum at present. Good game. Scarecrow looks unreal.
Bayonetta is next. Despite warnings that it has problems i couldnt pass it up at €20 from Zavvi.

Finished Heavy Rain this evening. Summary: I did it so you don't have to.

Still seems like 99% of game makers have no idea how to tell a story well, and stumble at the first hurdle: hire decent voice talent and better writers. How much money did David Cage and Sony spunk up a wall in marketing Heavy Rain (like hiring Neil LaBute out to sing your praises) that could have been spent on a decent script? Bah.

The other 1% would be: everyone who works at Valve.

I've always been under the impression that the reason games have weak narratives is because anyone with a really good idea wouldn't dare squander it on the likes of activision, ubisoft or one of the other uncreative game factories.

Its hard to justify spending 50 quid and 12 hours playing something thats most likely flawed and predictable when you could watch half a dozen great movies for a fraction of the cost.

I'll stick to sports and driving games. And portal 2.

The creative pay-off for writing an excellent game script and (hopefully) seeing it well-executed should be just as satisfying as an equivalent sceenplay though, right? If I was Erik Wolpaw or Chet Faliszek (creators of GLaDOS) - or the person who hired them in - I'd be feeling pretty chuffed with myself.

I don't think it's all reluctant authors, just that our 'directors' treat the writing process as a pesky afterthought.

Writers (good ones) don't really have the status they deserve in Hollywood, so it'll be a long time before it's commonplace to see good stories at the forefront of gaming. The masses don't give a shit about story so long as the game has driving, guns and tits.

Story is way down the list and probably tacked on half the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back