PS3 (1 Viewer)

Serious hype doin the rounds about the graphics in Killzone 2.

killzone-light.gif

killzone5.gif

killzone-rocket.gif

so does the 360 over HDMI, i thought the difference between it and VGA was huge. you ought to trade it in with some old games and upgrade to an elite. and for the bigger hard drive
Nah my 360 over VGA looks brilliant. Also the DVD picture is loads better through the 360 over VGA than the PS3 over HDMI. Also I already have a 120GB drive.

Nah my 360 over VGA looks brilliant.

From personal experience, HDMI looks better.
Also the DVD picture is loads better through the 360 over VGA than the PS3 over HDMI.

might down to getting an upscaled 1920x1080 picture from the PS3, which is bound to show up artefacts and blockiness and shit on your DVDs, whereas the 360 is just giving you VGA 1366x768 and the telly is blurrifying it up, hiding the blockiness.

hmm now that i've read what I just typed i'm not so sure.

Well there all the upsacling options on the PS3 which I had a little fiddle with, but the 360 picture looks better at the moment. Plus I'm the only person in the world who has a 360 that is quieter than my PS3.

My one blu-ray film looked amazing though.

Edit: Also my 360 is outputing at 1920x1080 according to the system settings.

Well there all the upsacling options on the PS3 which I had a little fiddle with, but the 360 picture looks better at the moment. Plus I'm the only person in the world who has a 360 that is quieter than my PS3.

My one blu-ray film looked amazing though.

Edit: Also my 360 is outputing at 1920x1080 according to the system settings.
i didn't know it could do 1080p over VGA. well you live and learn.

it does 1080i over vga, i think. my xbox over hdmi was a vast improvement over vga anyway

plus those samsung tellys were designed with 360's over hdmi in mind, weren't they?

DO IT, NEIL!!!

Jaysus Dudley the 360 has been able to output 1080p to VGA since April 2007, do keep up.

From what I've read the difference isn't huge. If I RROD once my years warranty is up in the summer, then course I'll buy a new HDMI Arcade. As it is I'm grand, Far Cry 2 in particular looks amazing.

I don't mind the pad. I'd be more concerned with how graphic the violence is and how it will effect me when someone jumps me in the queue in Spar.

Looking good alright. You'll still have to use the shitty PS3 pad though.

It never used to bother me with rachet and clank, uncharted etc but then i played resistance 2 and wanted to throw it out the window. The game might be ok but i cant played it with those controls/controller. Mapping crouch and run to same button is idiotic.

With sterling not worth a shit i'm considering getting a PS3. Is there any need to get a harddrive over 40 gigs, if all i plan to do is play games on it? Is there a virtual console of sorts on it or is the harddrive just used for storing movies and other media.

A lot of games require a couple of gigs install and theres a load of games/demos worth downloading so you could go through 40gb very easily.

250 gb drives are only 50 quid or so on komplett.

I see theres a roy orbison song pack for rock band out today. I'd almost buy the game on the back of that.

Do you have to buy the whole thing? Drums, bass, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back