PS3 (6 Viewers)

Don't think I've even tured the PS3 on since I installed home. It really is an expensive, unloved, dust gathering item.

I wouldn't sell it, I'm glad it sitting there as a blu ray player at the very least. But as a games console it has mostly been a huge dissapointment.

Well thats fair enough. Personally i'm finding it increasingly difficult to get excited by games across all platforms.

Finally got around to downloading home. its pretty cool while at the same time serving absolutely no purpose. I cant see me really ever using it. The cinema is a good idea for distributing info on sony pictures/games. You can see some serious downsides already. getting shouted at by idiots after 5 minutes or the fact that the arcade machines can only be played by one person at a time (same goes for bowling etc) Why the hell should anyone have to queue in an online environment is beyond me. Also the fact that they are already charging stupid money for items is ridiculous. $1 for a pair of shorts for example. Just goes to show the direction its heading already. Unless you have a fairly beefy connection it pauses way too much. it has to download everything and from what i can tell it only streams a portion from the hdd, the rest must be accessed from net each time to you go to that space. So in short, interesting idea but completely fucking useless.

When you factor in how well the wii is selling and how cheap the 360 is i'd say Sony are now in serious trouble. Stupid stubborn Japanese arrogance. I'll keep using it myself but I'd be a fool to recommend one to someone who didn't have a console and wasn't interested in bluray.

Home really is a mess though. I tried the closed beta a few weeks ago and it actually wasn't bad. Everything was free and it had no techincal problems. I figured it had potential.

Now its full of dicks, theres a price on everything and no one can even get into it cos Sony are so inept at anything to do with software. Its a broken product that Sony have littered with shit things that they're trying to sell to people. I predict that Sony will find themselves in legal trouble over this. Mark my words.

I can see it now...8 year old boy crying because he can't log into home to see some bit of shite furniture that he was conned into paying 2 euro for.

Its a badly conceived and horribly executed disaster. It really is symbolic of how Sony repeatedly fail to tap into the demands and desires of the public.

I'm gonna stop now before i say something that someone will construe as being racist.

When you factor in how well the wii is selling and how cheap the 360 is i'd say Sony are now in serious trouble. Stupid stubborn Japanese arrogance. I'll keep using it myself but I'd be a fool to recommend one to someone who didn't have a console and wasn't interested in bluray.

Home really is a mess though. I tried the closed beta a few weeks ago and it actually wasn't bad. Everything was free and it had no techincal problems. I figured it had potential.

Now its full of dicks, theres a price on everything and no one can even get into it cos Sony are so inept at anything to do with software. Its a broken product that Sony have littered with shit things that they're trying to sell to people. I predict that Sony will find themselves in legal trouble over this. Mark my words.

I can see it now...8 year old boy crying because he can't log into home to see some bit of shite furniture that he was conned into paying 2 euro for.

Its a badly conceived and horribly executed disaster. It really is symbolic of how Sony repeatedly fail to tap into the demands and desires of the public.

I'm gonna stop now before i say something that someone will construe as being racist.

i dont think its broken, i think the way they wanted it to be. sell tons of shit to idiots. look at how popular second life was. the main problem is that it doesnt solve any of the existing issues with online play with the ps3. It actually makes it more difficult. I find it gas that people will give out about paying 50 quid a year for xbox live. A service that has never given me any problems and I am always able to easily get a game going. Sony on the other hand give you this pointless shite and expect you to pay for shit like chairs to put in your virtual apartment. The last straw will be the upcoming downloadable beard pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back