PS3 (3 Viewers)

Apparently The Orange Box on PS3 is a total disaster. The frame rate during Half Life 2 frequently drops to 10fps. I hope they don't release it in that state.

The only game i've had time to play over the past week has been Ratchet & Clank. Not typically my kind of game but I can't praise it enough. Amazing graphics, pacing and control system. Tons of weapons and fun side missions. Best use of sixaxis I've seen so far. Must have for ps3.

Uncharted demo is very impressive, ordered it from VG+.

Looks like the 60gig PS3's are almost sold out everywhere.

I played the demo drunk last Friday night, didn't make the greatest impression but I should probably play it sober.

Glad I got a 60GB one when I did.

Just played drakes fortune again, it's pretty good alright. Tomb Raider with Gears of War combat. Probably pick it up next week.

How much will you get for RFOM trade-in?

Its like a cross between tekken and devil may cry. Its ultra hard, you gotta learn combos. Button bashing won't get you far.

I'd try before you buy.

Urgh I hate both those games. I've put a low bid on it on ebay, if it goes above my top bid of 15 quid they can forget about it.

Wipeout Pulse came out on Friday, it's on its way to me, pretty cheap from play.

Also I've just been reading that one of the new features of the PS3 & PSP firmware is that you can remote play any PS1 game from disc. So stick an old PS1 disc in your PS3 while the missus is watching TV, and you can play some classic old games on the PSP. Gonna go hunting for my old PS1 games when I'm home.

Edit: Actually if I'm reading this right, if the disc is in the PS3 you can remotely play it from anywhere over a wifi connection. My head just exploded.

I downloaded wipeout from the PSP store, it works perfectly. Fucking brilliant feature, and it's not even been mentioned anywhere. Glad I didn't flog my PSP now!

Game isn't stored on the PSP at all, the PS1 game plays on the PS3 and is streamed via wifi onto the PSP.

WipEout is shit though, WipEout 2097 was far better. Which I'm sure I still have back in London. Along with FFVII, Tenchu, MGS etc. Sweet.

Did you download Wipeout from the store or did you have the disc? What are the graphics through the ps3?

I was shocked at how bad ps1 games looked on a HDTV.

Downloaded it from the store. The graphics look better on the PSP than on a HDTV that's for sure.

I had a good laugh with it there on Friday with Lefty on a dual screen thing round mine. I don't think it's as amazing as people are making out, but it's fun enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back