PS3 (1 Viewer)

"Our offering in the UK market place for Christmas are the two SKUs announced on Friday, but as the 60GB stock is depleted the GBP 299 40GB SKU will be the only version available going forward,"

Read any gaming site and you'll see the story. Basically once the stock of 60 GB PS3's run out, that's it, you can only buy the 40 GB model with no backwards compatability. Totally fucked up.

I'm torn between getting the 60 GB model before it sells out, or not bothering and doing my little bit towards the downfall of the PS3, because sony are acting like such a bunch of fucktards at the moment.

Wah?
Where's that quoted from?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/28476/Sony-explains-decision-to-discontinue-60GB-PS3

I'm torn between getting the 60 GB model before it sells out, or not bothering and doing my little bit towards the downfall of the PS3, because sony are acting like such a bunch of fucktards at the moment.

Its shocking carry on alright. To go from ps2 chip to ps2 emulation to no back compat is insane. How much are two USB ports, 5 euro max?

Read any gaming site and you'll see the story. Basically once the stock of 60 GB PS3's run out, that's it, you can only buy the 40 GB model with no backwards compatability. Totally fucked up.

i have no idea what to do....i kind of want a ps3. But i am not a big fan of metal gear or final fantasy so I am really struggling for a reason to get one.

Sony press release:

A Value Pack, comprising of a 60GB PS3 with extensive backwards

compatibility, a SIXAXIS wireless controller and two first party titles

will now be available at a price of €499.99 RRP. Remaining on sale while

stocks last, the 60GB model represents outstanding value for the keen gamer

wishing to upgrade to the High Definition capabilities of PS3.

Its shocking carry on alright. To go from ps2 chip to ps2 emulation to no back compat is insane. How much are two USB ports, 5 euro max?

My theory: it's just a face-saving excercise. Instead of reducing the price of the PS3 and admitting that's the main reason for slow sales, Sony want to make it look like they've saved a whole bunch of money by cutting out features. They want it to look like they're generously passing that on to consumers, when in fact they're probably still taking a bath on every console sold.

Thats a good theory.

Their biggest problem is the lack of games to date. Sony should be moving heaven and earth to fix the U3 engine and other development problems instead of confusing the public with all these unnessesary skus. Twats.

At the moment, many people (myself included) see it as a more expensive machine than the 360, that plays the same games as the 360. The PS3 needs a GOW.

Thats a good theory.

Their biggest problem is the lack of games to date. Sony should be moving heaven and earth to fix the U3 engine and other development problems instead of confusing the public with all these unnessesary skus. Twats.

yeah thats the main issue with the ps3. the architecture while powerful is just shite. every game is delayed for the ps3. half life 2 is coming out a week later on ps3 ? the worst one is UT3 though. The wording i heard was UT3 was exclusive for ps3 in 2007. So it could be released on 360 on 1st Jan ? But there is now talk of it maybe being delayed. so there is a chance that ut3 may be able to released on 360 and ps3 on same day! (they wouldnt do it but still!!!)

Yeah the UT3 situation is bad but the ps3 version is gonna be far better, full usb keyboard/mouse support and map mods.

Delaystation 3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back