PS3 (2 Viewers)

Well, for me it's joypads-joypads-joypads.
The Xbox lump is a nightmare.
Free online bumf on PS3 too.
I'm afraid that's a load of crap. The 360 controller is much better than the flimsy as shite PS2/3 controller. I used to think the same as you when I first got the 360, but once you get used to it, then you go back to the PS2/3 controller, you realise the 360 pad is better.

Also I'd rather pay 60 euro a year for a well thought out, intergrated online service than a free but dodgy as fuck non-intergrated service. Admitedly I haven't used the PSN service, just going by other people's experiences.

The Sony platform has generally been pretty good with the odder arthouse-y games too, but Live Arcade kinda fulfills that function on the 360. Only reason I'd get a PS3 now is for the Blu-Ray player, and I can wait for further price drops.

xbox pad is by far the most comfortable of the lot. it may seem a little heavy at first but once you're used to it, it's deadly. psx controllers have always been pretty uncomfortable, particularly when playing for ages

To each their own. I think the 360 pad is superior, but you can't tell something which one they should prefer.

PS3 is still for fags though, until I get one. Then it's for uber-fags.

Latest on today's deals :

Was just in Gamestop as well.
€499 with either Resistance or Motorstorm and 1 of Genji, Ridge Racer and F1 plus €100 of vouchers.
For €529 they had the same as above but with a blu-ray disc and remote.

Yummy.

Latest on today's deals :

Was just in Gamestop as well.
€499 with either Resistance or Motorstorm and 1 of Genji, Ridge Racer and F1 plus €100 of vouchers.
For €529 they had the same as above but with a blu-ray disc and remote.

Yummy.
the bluray remote is great value - i ordered one from canada earlier this year and they sent me a PS3 instead.

the bluray remote is great value - i ordered one from canada earlier this year and they sent me a PS3 instead.

...and then you went all highway to heaven on our ass and sent it back. You should have at least won the lotto for that.

...and then you went all highway to heaven on our ass and sent it back. You should have at least won the lotto for that.
I didn't send it back - I dropped it out to DHL in the airport and got it sent to some guy in england for them.

They were really appreciative and grateful and sent me a small token of their appreci... oh wait, no they didn't. at least they said thanks, i suppose.

DoTheRightThing.jpg

Hmm. I've no desire to play any of my old PS2 games. I was within a hairs breath of chucking my PS2 out a couple of weeks ago.
See i reckon there is a few old PS2 games I wouldn't mind blasting through again (Shadow of the Colossus springs to mind), and there a few more recent games I wouldn't mind playing through in shiny HD (God of War 2, Okami). Never played Ico. Which is why I'm struggling not to rush out and buy the 60GB model before it sells out.

See i reckon there is a few old PS2 games I wouldn't mind blasting through again (Shadow of the Colossus springs to mind), and there a few more recent games I wouldn't mind playing through in shiny HD (God of War 2, Okami). Never played Ico. Which is why I'm struggling not to rush out and buy the 60GB model before it sells out.

I loved ICO but i've no idea how it has aged.

I'd play it by ear neil, if you hang on for a month or so i'd say shops will have started undercutting each other and better bundled games will be available. I can't see the 60 gigs selling out that quick.

I'd play it by ear neil, if you hang on for a month or so i'd say shops will have started undercutting each other and better bundled games will be available. I can't see the 60 gigs selling out that quick.
Ahh yeah, there is no point in buying it for ages, I wouldn't get a chance to play it with the amount of 360 games coming out anyway.

You more than anyone else knows what it's like when you get the fever though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back