Protest at Leinster House against Youth Defence and the refusal of the ASAI to regula (1 Viewer)

Psycho Punk

Protest at Leinster House against Youth Defence and the refusal of the ASAI to regulate their misrepresentations.

Protest at Leinster House against Youth Defence and the refusal of the ASAI to regulate their misrepresentations.
Wednesday 11 July at 6:30pm at the Dail.

Protest at the misinformation and lies being perpetuated by Youth Defence all over the country, and the ASAI's refusal to respond to it.

http://www.facebook.com/notalwaysabetteroption

Anger explodes at Youth Defense anti-choice posters targeting women - video shows paint thrown over posters
Date: Thu, 2012-06-21 12:38
A video being circulated on the internet shows Youth Defense anti-choice posters being sprayed with paint. Over the last month more and more bill boards from the anti-women anti-choice organisation Youth Defense have been appearing all over Dublin. It appears they have spent hundreds of thousands of euro in their latest campaign targeting women who have had abortions. In the last days we have seen or been sent photos of their posters that have been altered all over the city and just now we received notification of the video below which shows several of these sites being covered with paint or torn down.

According to the person who uploaded the video ""On the shortest night of 2012 some people got together for some direct action against the appalling Youth Defense posters that have been plastered all over Dublin city center." This video was sent to me anonymously to upload and share as citizen journalism." ...
http://www.wsm.ie/c/anger-explodes-youth-defense-anti-choice-posters

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ChoiceYDbillboardsStickOns.jpg

abstin.jpg

Re: Protest at Leinster House against Youth Defence and the refusal of the ASAI to re

Well I guess the organisers know more than I would about protesting,I just thought people are so used to protests outside the Dail that they don't pay much attention to them.

Re: Protest at Leinster House against Youth Defence and the refusal of the ASAI to re

would the ASAI be able to do anything? they're a bit of a toothless organisation, and by the time they rule, the ad is usually long finished its run.

would the ASAI be able to do anything? they're a bit of a toothless organisation, and by the time they rule, the ad is usually long finished its run.

This is so true. I've dealt with them in my last two jobs and have found them to be utterly useless. Even when they have the powers to take action they're too lazy to do so. Constantly trying to push their responsibilities onto other agencies. They also sought advice from me a couple of times on work they needed to do for the EU, didn't listen, totally screwed it up, submitted it late and as a result we (Ireland) got left out of some important decision making.

Altered poster.

282755_480511738641311_908572037_n.jpg

its a shit poster. play the ball, not the man. not every priest is a pedo or a catholic. and druids and priests have been here since before anywhere else had the slightest cop on.

A woman named Bevan(?) was just on with Alison Curtis talking about this, came across very well. fair play to them for the protest.

What are people protesting about exactly? I don't mean to disturb a hornet's nest here but I don't actually find the posters offensive. At most, I could raise an objection in relation to them presenting opinion as fact. No question, that's wrong. As far as I know, the ASAI only regulate adverts that promote a product or service. Therefore, they cannot intervene in this case (which does need addressing I think).

What if the pro-choice movement had posters around saying "Abortion is a woman's choice". Would that raise as much ire?

and the fact remains that they are entitled to their opinion that abortion is murder; you could argue that they are morally obliged to protest about it as a result.

and the fact remains that they are entitled to their opinion that abortion is murder; you could argue that they are morally obliged to protest about it as a result.

Well, yeah, you're kinda reiterating my point. My only objection would be presenting opinion as fact. There was the case in the UK last year where the Humanists put out ads on buses saying 'There's probably no God ....etc". If I remember right they had to put the word 'probably' in or else the UK equivalent of the ASAI could have taken them to task. It seems there should be something similar here but most people seem exercised by the fact that the ads are offensive, rather than presenting opinion as fact.

its a shit poster. play the ball, not the man. not every priest is a pedo or a catholic. and druids and priests have been here since before anywhere else had the slightest cop on.

I've got nothing against Druids. I hate the xtian blood cult which destroyed Paganism.

Why don't you make actual YD members the target of the alternative posters?

There's a few high profile ones.

Did that in the past when they put up posters of Drs and of the Director of the IFPA.

They know that if they do it again we'll respond.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back