Propagandhi in TBMC... (1 Viewer)

Cormy

Since 2000
Website
www.thumped.com
As people may be aware MCD are putting on Propagandhi in October in TBMC, with a reported ticket price of £13.

Me bollix.

Anyone who listens to Propagandhi knows they'd be dead-set against this if they knew the story...if people are concerned at all about this, please e-mail the band at [email protected] and let them know about MCD & that you'd like someone else to put the gig on. We've been in touch and are trying to sort something out, but every voice will help let them know we're serious. Your help is appreciated :)

I promptly sent a mail even though it wouldn't matter what band it was - the manner in which MCD link ticket inflation with venue-ownership is nothing short of criminal.

i predict the following:

"thanks for your email...but contracts have been signed...don't blame us, blame the booking agent....next time it'll be different, honest..."

blah blah blah

yeah, i hate MCD. i wish it was like the old days when you could see Brush Shileds in the Baggot for a five and the Elite in Sattery's for 3.50 and...eh...that's it.

Mmm, that's the other side of it...I don't think they'requite big enough for the SFX, although Whelan's might do the job...although I understand booking is a bit of a trial? Still, at this stage it's unlikely that we can change the course of events but we'll make them aware that they've fucked up and they should be going somewhere else next time...hopefully...

Cormy (04 Sep, 2001 06:29 p.m.):
Still, at this stage it's unlikely that we can change the course of events but we'll make them aware that they've fucked up and they should be going somewhere else next time...hopefully...

Like Germany?

Are you sure it's MCD are putting it on though, it's not up on their website, and its been announced with a while, usually they put gigs up there months in advance... I don't think its on ticketmaster.ie either, who MCD use for online tickets and such....

so whats the story? is it safe to buy tickets to it or is there gonna be a big confusing mixup with the venue and all that?

actually....are the tickets even on sale yet d'you know?

Germinal (04 Sep, 2001 04:34 p.m.):
I promptly sent a mail even though it wouldn't matter what band it was - the manner in which MCD link ticket inflation with venue-ownership is nothing short of criminal.

MCD don't own TBMC. I think TBP do.

Perhaps someday MCD will harvest "the fruits of their crimes against humanity"?

just in case anyone remains confused:

MCD PROUDLY PRESENTS
PROPAGHANDI
GUESTS TO BE ANNOUNCED
TEMPLE BAR MUSIC CENTRE
DOORS OPEN 7:30PM
SAT 13-OCT-2001
Price Range: £12.50

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back