projector (1 Viewer)

mugwump

does anyone know where I could hire a projector for a PC for one night ? any idea of the cost ?

considering decent ones cost thousands to buy, you'll probably get screwed

unless you know someone who could "borrow" one from work

what's it needed for?

mugwump (09 Nov, 2001 11:28 a.m.):
does anyone know where I could hire a projector for a PC for one night ? any idea of the cost ?

Andy in our band owns a digital projector, we use it all the time at our gigs plus he did the Frontend Synthetics night and TRM. You could ask him maybe, they are exspensive so I wouldn't say he'd give it to you but I'd say he'd be there to set up the visuals for ya. I guess there's no harm in asking his e-mail is [email protected]

we are setting up a new club (more to come about this) which will be on the 28th of this month and want to organise some visuals for the night...would anyone who has the necessary equipment etc.. be interested in getting involved and sorting out visuals for us...it's going to be a great night with many live acts, good DJ's in a great venue right in the middle of the city centor...

yeah...it's happening in Doyles (on the first floor) on the 28th from 8pm til around 12:30...it's a great little venue and would like to extend our warmest welcome to all you friendly, tolerant and emphatic people on the thumped board...it'll be £3 in on the night (you can't get better than that) for which you'll get to hear some great sounds (including tortoise, johnny cash, thingy, rednecks etc..) and see some of the best local live acts in this city today...it's called Plethora and we'll be advertising it soon so keep your ears to your ma !

way i remember doyles management were reluctant to have bands play on the *top* floor because of noise stuff, have they changed their stance since? i imagine it'll be even more restricted if it's below.

good luck with it though, fingers crossed 8)

there'll be 3-4 acts on the night...it's not gonna be a full gig set up type thing but there'll be a good mix of performances + music on the night. Jimmy Beehan will be performing and he is well worth checking out if you haven't seen him already. I haven't got the names of the other acts on me at the moment as I'm senile but we'll post up a full list soon...

Chrith (09 Nov, 2001 02:15 p.m.):
path V fake working class in a comedy wrastle would be a good highlight on opening night. i'd pay £3 for that, and how.

rappa. i'd be up for that.
path? what about it?
what's that? what?
oh! you need a sense of HUMOUR to participate in comedy, oh sorry to have bothered you then.

fight the power. from a pc.

Okay lads...here's the deal:
We have four acts....

> Niall McGarty ....a very very good singer/songwriter....

> Phil Grier and Al Maguire...they will be doing some sort of electronic set...Al plays Bluegrass mainly...and Phil is bringing his computer....

> Jimmy Beehan....Jimmy will be doing that Jimmy thing that only Jimmy can do....

> Dave Creevy and Cian O'Hara...these are two lads who'll be doing a few classical guitar pieces....

We also will be having some DJs:
Mugwump....who put up this thread!...
And Brian Farrell - his compilation tapes are deadly...everything from Frank Zappa to To Roccoco Rot....
And I might throw on a few songs myself.....if there's some time...

It's on between 8p.m. and 12.30a.m. on Wednesday 28th November....
£3 in.....I'm looking to see if I can get some free beer (can't promise anything). As Mugwump said we may have some visual stuff going on.

We want to make this a regular thing....Doyle's were pretty sound about it. I did ask if we could get both the first and second floor (or is that the second and third floor?)...they want to keep bands to the top floor. They want to see how this goes and if this is a success there is a chance we could get both. That'd mean we should be able to put on bands and still have the whole DJ thing aswell. It's a crackin' spot...right beside Tara Street station and the bus rank (so you can leave quickly and easily if it's crap!!)....so I'd like to keep it as a venue. We're also looking for more people to be involved....

So..there you go. That's what the story is. You should come along.. for a while at least. There's also rumour of a raffle.....

Chrith (09 Nov, 2001 02:15 p.m.):
path V fake working class in a comedy wrastle would be a good highlight on opening night. i'd pay £3 for that, and how.

That's not a bad idea!....just give them small basic weapons of war....it'd be like that Star Trek episode where Captain kirk takes on that huge alien creature and kills him with a makeshift rocket....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back