prog (1 Viewer)

broken arm

ok.

i've been coming across some good prog music that I like.

i admit it.

i'm not ashamed.

this thread could do with some more input. i dont know much about prog - can someone reccommend some really good prog albums? the reviews at prog archives just cant be trusted. they say something like "this insane, mind blowing album is so far out! the keyboard solos in the third movement may be a bit too much for some but fans of truly unique, adventurous, aggressive and uncompromising music will find great rewards here" and then you listen and its tedious blues synth widdle with some cod classical sections and shite guitar solos.

YesFragile.jpg
images
images
http://bp0.blogger.com/_EpC1K6KZzNA/Rb-P8l3xZQI/AAAAAAAACzE/I85fWAbPmnQ/s400/beat.jpg

Gen. Tle. Gi. Ant.

That's all you need to know about anything ever. Every other artist/genre is just pure shite by comparison

ive been trying, with some success, to get into gentle giant since you said (somewhat misleadingly, it must now be admitted) that they were even better than VdGG. i quite like octopus now - it even has a few deadly tunes, and in a glass house is growing on me. Free Hand though - not sure about that one, it has some despicable keyboard solos. i'm thinking of trying out the live album next... the singer is a bit of a turn off at times.

other prog i've failed to appreciate: camel, magma

The_yes_album.jpg

This is excellent. The singing's nice. Haven't listened to anything else.
At this point I'd like to insert a photo of Emerson Lake and Palmers convoy of trucks with their names on top but can't find one.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back