Prague (1 Viewer)

clonan attack

Website
www.myspace.com
Headin off here tomorrow for four days with the missus,any suggestions for pubs,clubs,music shops, etc..

i know this has kinda been dealt with in an eastern european thread but lookin more for hidden gems/bands

not gonna get a chance to go to Czesky Krumlov due to time constraints but open to all possibilities

thanks,
Niall

my only advice from experience is:

don't set fire to your hand, table and chair while downing absinthe when pished.

and

don't try to put out the flaming shot you ordered when it takes about 10 minutes for the waiter to bring it to your table. remember indiana jones - raider of the lost ark.

that should give you a pain free trip.

Actually, Does anyone know if the Irish Bars in Prague still change dollars commission free?

It's real easy.. places to eat.. establish what the toursit prices are (in the postcard district) and then go find the places that are half that price - these are the places to eat. There's some nice places to eat up Nerudova.

Don't drink Budvar, it's piss. Pilsner Urquell is your man. Drink loads of it. Watch ice hockey - it rules. Instrument shops are hard to find, cd/music shops weren't terribly good in my experience.
Not an insanely great place for shopping in general, although if you're into little dinky antique shit and maybe second hand stuff you might be ok. Just stick to the pubs and food, you won't be sorry.

GrRrrrR said:
Not an insanely great place for shopping in general, although if you're into little dinky antique shit and maybe second hand stuff you might be ok. Just stick to the pubs and food, you won't be sorry.

If you're into photography though it's the best place in the world to go shopping.

Go for lunch/goulash/drinks in the Municipal Building.
There's a decent Thai restaurant (real cheap and excellent food) called Lemon Leaf, near the Frank Gehry building.
There's another decent asian cuisine place in the Jewish Quarter, can't remember the name.
Plenty of good places for traditional food near Das Schloss.
The Museum of Communism is ace.
Drink ALL of the beer. Whatever you can get your hands on. There's a microbrewery on Jeena that's good (good nettle beer). Microbreweries there blow the lid off The Porter House.
Consider a day trip to Kutna Hora to see the Bone Church and drink the local beer. Not much else there, though, except a cool gothic cathederal.
Chapeau Rouge is meant to be a mad place.
Dunno what else. Was only there for 2 and a half days. Get the Lonely Planet Prague.

try Maly Buddha for food. it's located near the castle. if you walk uphill on Nerudova and stick to the lefthand side of the street you'll find it a bit beyond the steep steps that lead to the castle. incredible fried banana + ice-cream for desert!

THeres a modern art gallery....somehwere in Prague, more in the suburbs I suppose , but visit any gallery you can. beats looking at paintings of fucking Kavanagh

oh and theres a five or six story club called something ridiculous like Club Europa on the river. Dont go there.

head to the suburb of zizkov (couple of stops on the metro or a ten minute tram ride) for great grungy pubs and lots of rock clubs - grab a copy of the prague post for info on what's happening where or have a look at http://www.badpoint.com/art.asp?id=110 . personally i reckon the club 'guru' is pretty great.

My favourite city thus far. There was a pub on the way up to the castle (on the left) that had a cranberry pork dish that was insanely good. Can't remember the name of it to save my life but if you see it on a menu order it. I would move there if I could. I'm jealous. Have fun.

My favourite city thus far. There was a pub on the way up to the castle (on the left) that had a cranberry pork dish that was insanely good. Can't remember the name of it to save my life but if you see it on a menu order it. I would move there if I could. I'm jealous. Have fun.

will do, but I'm a vegetarian so I won't be able to eat it. I'll probably just look at it.

thanks for the tip though.

will do, but I'm a vegetarian so I won't be able to eat it. I'll probably just look at it.

thanks for the tip though.

I know you're veggie -- I meant that for the other guy.

Although the apartment I rented was above an ice cream place called the cream dreamy (see how I can remember that -- my priorities) that had the tastiest chocolate ice cream I have ever had (apart from Florence). In fact, I would do unspeakable things for one right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back