Prague (3 Viewers)

yeah watch out for the hidden meat in the "vegetarian" dishes- those cunning czech chefs will add pig pieces to anything

I was there just under a year ago

want to go back

right now

There's a Czech phrase which roughly translates as 'this meat is so good a vegetarian could eat it'.

I have a mate who owns an apartment there- Last year we had the run of the place as we ere babysitting his cats while he was away

must offer my services again

great city and country

Plenty of good veggie food to be had

Fried cheese

mmmm fried cheese

Johnny, I had that stuff last night here in Prague. Its rank. Absolute rank. And I'm a huge cheese fan. I was surprised at how many options there were in the veggie section of the menu. It was a pub/restaurant about a 2 minute walk from the Muzeum metro stop - the opposite direction from O'Connell st (that horrible st that reminds me of the even more horrible O'Connell st).

nice city this. Haven't seen that much though, and I leave tonight. I think I need to come back again sometime to check it out better.

Johnny, I had that stuff last night here in Prague. Its rank. Absolute rank. And I'm a huge cheese fan. I was surprised at how many options there were in the veggie section of the menu. It was a pub/restaurant about a 2 minute walk from the Muzeum metro stop - the opposite direction from O'Connell st (that horrible st that reminds me of the even more horrible O'Connell st).

nice city this. Haven't seen that much though, and I leave tonight. I think I need to come back again sometime to check it out better.

Wow! I'm surprised- i love the stuff

so did you enjoy Prague? you don't sound all that impressed?

Wow! I'm surprised- i love the stuff

so did you enjoy Prague? you don't sound all that impressed?

I'm here with work so didn't see a whole lot, though I saw enough to know its beautiful. I need to come back and spend time not in the office. I'm mostly stuck on the east side of the river which isn't as nice as the older bit, which looks spectacular.

And I'm off to the airport for home shortly. Not good at all.

I should be back in the not too distant future though so will hopefully make up for it all then.

What sort of money would one need for 4 days of not watching the pocket enjoyment in Prague? I'm heading over in 3 weeks

Not much. You can buy 5 postcards or buy 3 pints for the same amount of money. I think I only had about 300 hundred euro for 4-5 days and I couldn't spend it. I suppose it depends on what you'd like to do while you're there. I walked around a lot.

Cheers that sounds reasonable. I guess the main thing I will be spending money on is food as it won't be a partying holiday.

Not much. You can buy 5 postcards or buy 3 pints for the same amount of money. I think I only had about 300 hundred euro for 4-5 days and I couldn't spend it. I suppose it depends on what you'd like to do while you're there. I walked around a lot.

Cheers that sounds reasonable. I guess the main thing I will be spending money on is food as it won't be a partying holiday.

The souvenir stuff is marked up but food and drink is rather affordable. I rented an apartment in the old town section with a friend. If you really wanted to do it on the cheap you could even cook your food. We went on a couple tours and hit a bunch of museums and relaxing pubs. It's a walkable city and there is a cheap shuttle from the airport since it's a 25 minute journey or so.

Not too concerned about the souvenir stuff but it's good to hear that it's a walkable city so I can return knowing that I have pretty much explored the majority of the streets. I find having to get buses/trams/trains can discourage me from doing the exploring I really should.

Thanks

The souvenir stuff is marked up but food and drink is rather affordable. I rented an apartment in the old town section with a friend. If you really wanted to do it on the cheap you could even cook your food. We went on a couple tours and hit a bunch of museums and relaxing pubs. It's a walkable city and there is a cheap shuttle from the airport since it's a 25 minute journey or so.

Not too concerned about the souvenir stuff but it's good to hear that it's a walkable city so I can return knowing that I have pretty much explored the majority of the streets. I find having to get buses/trams/trains can discourage me from doing the exploring I really should.

Thanks

the metro is a doddle. I find that using public transport helps you get your bearings that better. That and getting lost for 2 hours wandering around.

The city is dirt cheap so long as you stay out of Irish pubs. I still can't get over how cheap it was.

Again it depends on what you plan doing while there, but a shoestring budget will go a lot further there than most other places.

Thanks

The transport system is fully integrated and you can buy all day tickets very cheaply - which give you unlimited use of the metro, trams and buses. 100czk (less than €4)

You can also get 3-day and 5-day passes. I stayed in the old town and took public transport from the airport, bus, metro and tram. Really easy to get around.

But within the city I mostly walked.

oh, and in case its relevant, Prague is cheap by our standards. But its dear enough by their own standards. Just thought I'd add that. If you go flashing around 1000 crown notes they'll probably think yer Donal Trump

Thanks for all the info on the transport system.

Does it have many museums and which are the best one's to visit? Other than that, can you recommend other things to do from your own enjoyable experiences?

Hayworth said:
Although the apartment I rented was above an ice cream place called the cream dreamy (see how I can remember that -- my priorities) that had the tastiest chocolate ice cream I have ever had (apart from Florence). In fact, I would do unspeakable things for one right now.
If you happen to be in Paris, best ice-cream I've ever had is Bertillon on Isle-de-France (I think).

PS: Prague is awesome. I just wish I had the money at the time to go posh with the food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back