Prague (1 Viewer)

If you happen to be in Paris, best ice-cream I've ever had is Bertillon on Isle-de-France (I think).

PS: Prague is awesome. I just wish I had the money at the time to go posh with the food.

Noted. I'd like to go back, it's been 16 years since I have been there. That just depressed me. Now I need an ice cream.

Thanks for all the info on the transport system.

Does it have many museums and which are the best one's to visit? Other than that, can you recommend other things to do from your own enjoyable experiences?

Don't go to Wencelas Square. Its like O'Connell St only worse.

I wish I could contribute more but I really didn't get to see a whole lot while there

Go to the opera if you can, their opera house is lovely. If you see something that looks like it's a performance of Cats, it's not, it's Cats in Prague. If you see this, run, run as fast as you can, it was the most horrendous thing I have ever endured. Have tequila over there, they drink it with orange and cinnamon.

Castle steps is the way forward....I don't think I've ever stayed in such a nice place. It was possibly the best city I've ever been in and it's full of cultural things to do.

I'm going to need another visit to feel satisfied that I've seen enough of it.

I'm heading back in November for my 2nd time.

I'm mostly looking forward to shooting guns again.
Last time I was there we shot Magnums & pump-action shotguns!

I'm mostly looking forward to shooting guns again.
Last time I was there we shot Magnums & pump-action shotguns!
Going there next month - where did u do this? Was it expensive?

I went to a range in the states it was great fun.

You can't put a price on the inflated sense of self esteem.

If they have a Beretta, I'd strongly recommend trying that too.
You really feel like Bruce Willis then.

I only really shot once with a mate in L.A - i did get a go on:

A 1911 .45 automatic - can't remember the make though.

A Balini (spelling) shot gun - semi automatic.

A gloch and my fave - this:

hk_mp5n.jpg

I had a go of one of these in Florida this year.

It's DEADLY accurate.
Just made me want to have a go of a proper sniper rifle though.

I just got back last night.
It's lovely at the moment.

The Christmas decorations are up, the Old Town Square is particularly amazing looking.

It's a little pricier than it used to be but you can still get decent value.
Foodwise, we never planned to go anywhere. Just stopped off wherever looked nice & we were never disappointed.

Just follow the same rules you would anywhere else.
If they have tourist menus or pictures of plates of food on the menus, steer clear.

If you like duck & pork, you're sorted.

Also, have to agree with RedTape on the beer front.
Budvar is piss compared with Pilsner Urquell. Any of the nice places we ate only stocked Urquell, anyway.

I thought the New Town (the big street with Wenceslas Square) was quite disappointing. The Museum building is amazing but apart from that, it's pretty bland.

Myself, my ma & my sister went shooting too.
It's the same place I went to last time.
For about €50 a head, you can get a package with about 5 different guns (including a Magnum & a pump action shotgun), ammo & targets & the guy to load them all up for you & help you with your stance & aiming.

It's easy to find.
The Metro stop is Florenc. It's on the red line (C).
If you get the metro from Muzeum (right beside the Wenceslas statue on Wenceslas Sq.) it's only 2 stops away.

Then exit the station to your right.
Turn right & about 30 seconds walk down the road (on the opposite side to the Metro station) you'll see a little laneway with a sign above it with a kind of bullseye on it.

The area isn't the nicest so it might be worth booking in advance (especially at the weekends) so you don't end up having to hang around although there is a cheap restaurant downstairs if you want to have a few beers.

If it makes you feel any better, yesterday I had a pump action shotgun in my hands & tomorrow I'll have a paintbrush.

I was in prague a while back with the auld family

me and my dad were offered cocaine on the street and my mother became a bit obsessed with all the sad looking scantily clad women dancing in the windows of a lot of the bars

very pretty town, but sort of like a huge eastern european temple bar at times

I was in prague a while back with the auld family

me and my dad were offered cocaine on the street and my mother became a bit obsessed with all the sad looking scantily clad women dancing in the windows of a lot of the bars

very pretty town, but sort of like a huge eastern european temple bar at times

That sounds like the New Town area which is a bit scuzzy & Temple Bar-ish alright.

The Old Town & Nerudova (across the bridge on the castle side) are lovely though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back