Porridge (1 Viewer)

We get ballysomething jumbo oats from the hopsack, they're good and don't turn into readybrekish mush.

Jumbo oats are the way to go to avoid the babyfood effect.

My typical winter breaky: 1 cup each porridge and water, sprinkling of salt, a shake of cinnamon.

Microwave for 1 min (to avoid having to wash up a gloopy porridge-congealed pot), stir, microwave for 1 min more then add honey and milk/ soya milk.

I try and use the most locally-produced honey I can find, cause if you eat it all winter it works as a homeopathic remedy for hayfever in the summer.

I'm having serious issues with the porridge. The last couple of mornings I've microwaved the porridge as usual, same quantities, same brand, same bag I've been using for the last week or so. Usually the porridge retains its consistency once its removed from the microwave, or it might get a bit thicker as it cools. Now though it's coming out of the microwave as perfect as ever but its separating out into a runny watery mixture before I have time to eat it. A bit like a thin (tasty) soup. The only change I've made has been to use a different brand of honey. Could that be the problem?

It might be the warmer days. I'm old school when it comes to porridge - Ballybrado or Flahavans Organic. Soak the oats overnight in a saucepan. Bring to the boil while having a shower and then leave to simmer when I'm geting dressed. Have it with a spoon of Healy's Irish Honey.

2Q==

[FONT=&quot]
Its getting a bit warm these days -might go onto Ballybrado Spelt muesli - they have a nice range of products..
http://www.ballybrado.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=178&Itemid=103
[/FONT]

I'm having serious issues with the porridge. The last couple of mornings I've microwaved the porridge as usual, same quantities, same brand, same bag I've been using for the last week or so. Usually the porridge retains its consistency once its removed from the microwave, or it might get a bit thicker as it cools. Now though it's coming out of the microwave as perfect as ever but its separating out into a runny watery mixture before I have time to eat it. A bit like a thin (tasty) soup. The only change I've made has been to use a different brand of honey. Could that be the problem?

On the porridge the last 2 days now. First time having regular brekkie in yonks.
Cinnamon and maple with milk.
I'm a morning person now too after 2 years of waking at 4pm everyday.

Porridge is MEANT to be gloopy, feck off with yer organic fair trade celtic tiger faff!

"I'm just off to make my porridge!"
"Oh I simply must have my porridge in the morning!"

Why do asshats always add a possessive like that when they're talking about having some breakfast? When eating porridge do you somehow have to define yourself by it's smug wholesomeness? Shut up you massive bell-end!

(I love porridge btw)

I am related to someone who does that and also refers to herself in the third person...

Lets say her name is Betty.

She would begin a sentence with "So here's Betty..."

AND does that "Hello?" thing. As in telly you something that she considers preposterous and then says "Hello?" after.

I am related to someone who does that and also refers to herself in the third person...

Lets say her name is Betty.

She would begin a sentence with "So here's Betty..."

AND does that "Hello?" thing. As in telly you something that she considers preposterous and then says "Hello?" after.

The "Really?" thing is getting old for me.

I have porridge 5 days a week.The other two I have a boiled egg.This is purely because not varying your diet is counter intuitive to me and allegedly not a good idea nutrition wise. Anyway.Porridge and coffee.Thats my morning diet.Fucking deadly.

I have my porridge(Aldi-€0.89 KG) cooked in a pot with 1 banana,handful of raisins/sultanas,spoon of honey and cinnamon.

I do be full of energy and dont be hungry for 5 hours after,minimum.

I have porridge 5 days a week.The other two I have a boiled egg.This is purely because not varying your diet is counter intuitive to me and allegedly not a good idea nutrition wise. Anyway.Porridge and coffee.Thats my morning diet.Fucking deadly.

I have my porridge(Aldi-€0.89 KG) cooked in a pot with 1 banana,handful of raisins/sultanas,spoon of honey and cinnamon.

I do be full of energy and dont be hungry for 5 hours after,minimum.

High carb.
You're burning all that off with your running and general positive energies, yeah?

High carb.
You're burning all that off with your running and general positive energies, yeah?

Correct.If I dont plan on running I eat less.I always plan on generating positive energy so I never go completely without.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back