Most excellent chocolate brownie recipe (1 Viewer)

Lolo

Since 2000
Website
www.facebook.com
A workmate adapted this from Nigel Slater, they are so unbelievably nice I've had 3 already today :eek: Not vegan, but dairy-free.

My very good chocolate brownie recipe
A 24-carat brownie as dense and fudgy as Glastonbury mud. Whatever else you add is up to you. Serves 12 (or two with the munchies).

200g dark brown sugar
250g butter / soya margarine
250g chocolate (70 per cent cocoa solids)
3 large eggs plus 1 extra egg yolk60g flour
60g finest quality cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder

and some chopped walnuts

You will need a baking tin, about 23cm x 23cm, preferably non-stick, or a small roasting tin.
Set the oven at 180°C/Gas 4. Line the bottom of the baking tin with baking parchment. Put the sugar and butter into the bowl of a food mixer and beat for several minutes till white and fluffy. You can do it by hand if you wish, but you need to keep going until the mixture is really soft and creamy.
Meanwhile, break the chocolate into pieces, set 50g of it aside and melt the rest in a bowl suspended over, but not touching, a pan of simmering water. As soon as the chocolate has melted remove it from the heat. Chop the remaining 50g into gravel-sized pieces. Break the eggs into a small bowl and beat them lightly with a fork. Sift together the flour, cocoa and baking powder and mix in a pinch of salt. With the food mixer running slowly, introduce the beaten egg a little at a time, speeding up in between additions. Remove the bowl from the mixer to the work surface, then mix in the melted and the chopped chocolate with a large metal spoon. Lastly, fold in the flour and cocoa, gently and firmly, without knocking any of the air out. Scrape the mixture into the prepared cake tin, smooth the top and bake for 30 minutes. The top will have risen slightly and the cake will appear slightly softer in the middle than around the edges.Pierce the centre of the cake with a fork - it should come out sticky, but not with raw mixture attached to it. If it does, then return the brownie to the oven for three more minutes. It is worth remembering that it will solidify a little on cooling, so if it appears a bit wet, don't worry.
30 mins is usually enough, even if there is still sticky stuff on the knife. I find sticking it in the fridge over night if the middle is particularly unset makes for a very lovely dense gooey texture

Recipe sounds awesome! You can make em vegan though if you use egg replacer instead of eggs. I've recently learned how to make vego brownies with a very similar recipe to the one above. They're amazing, especially warmed up and served with soya cream from can.

Fuckin drooooooool.

This is gonna sound kinda weird but..
My housemate doesn't eat wheat (sometimes :)) and is vegan and she got this mad recipie for wheat free, sugar free, vegan uncooked brownies and they're actually nice!

It's really simple - dates, (soaked a bit), walnuts, cocoa, and a bit of vanilla extract. Blend lots then flatten onto a tray and put in fridge.
They're kinda oily like a real brownie coz of the walnuts.

Now I wouldn't go givin up the real thing but I was pretty impressed I have to say, so if anyones on any funny food buzzes this might make your day.

It's really simple - dates, (soaked a bit), walnuts, cocoa, and a bit of vanilla extract. Blend lots then flatten onto a tray and put in fridge.
They're kinda oily like a real brownie coz of the walnuts.

Sounds like them raw food bars you get in health food shops. We had a load of them donated to a drop in I used to work in. Everyone thought they were fuckin gack and all bet each other that I'd like them because I'm a 'tree hugger'. I did. They were very tasty.

Recipe sounds awesome! You can make em vegan though if you use egg replacer instead of eggs. I've recently learned how to make vego brownies with a very similar recipe to the one above. They're amazing, especially warmed up and served with soya cream from can.

Fuckin drooooooool.

I was going to put "or egg replacer" in but didn't know how you'd get around the extra egg yolk bit. Add more marg?

Made carrot and poppy seed muffins with egg replacer last week, actually turned out a nicer texture than the eggy version.

i made chocolate brownies last night in the form of cupcakes- with no flour or butter! used ground almonds instead.

ingredients:
225g ground almonds
150g caster sugar
3 tsps cocoa powder
4 large eggs
1 tsp baking powder
50g choc chips
packet of malteasers

(for ganache)
200g dark choc
200ml cream

whisk egg yolks and sugar together. whisk egg whites separately until stiff. fold egg whites into egg/sugar mixture, then add ground almonds, baking power, cocoa powder, choc chips, and some bashed up malteasers (any left over you can put on top of ganache). cook in cupcake cases - 20 mins at 200c.
for ganache - bring cream to boiling point and pour over broken up choc. leave for 30 seconds and mix.

they were yum but im not entirely sure if i like them with the chocolate ganache on top - the recipe called for dark chocolate but its too bitter for my liking. also the cake itself isnt very chocolately so next time i would add more cocoa powder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back