Porridge (2 Viewers)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
is the bunalun organic porridge the only good porridge? im attempting to down a bowl of odlums now but its pretty shit. i bought it coz the other brand in the shop - flahavans - is also kinda shit, even flahavans organic porridge is shit. bah. the bunalun stuff is like fine homebaked brown bread and everything else is a gammy white sliced pan.

Flavans progress oats are the best i reckon - cos you can cook them in the microwave in 2 mins.

mind you, porridge on its own is fairly rank I think.

Things I like to add:

frozen berries (cheap in tesco or dunnes, kept beside the ice cream)
nuts
seeds (multi seed packs are handy)
figs
dates
honey

Some or all of these add up to a pretty lovely breakfast - its the only brekkie I know of that will keep you going till lunchtime.

Flahavans with soya milk, banana, raisins and some maple syrup. It was all i had in the press but it worked out deadly.

Flahavans with soya milk, banana, raisins and some maple syrup. It was all i had in the press but it worked out deadly.

the problem with the likes of flahavans is that once you cook it it turns into totally soft, gooey pasty stuff - theres no trace of oats in it at all where as the bunalun retains its oatiness - its much coarser and heartier. I must try that other recommendation above. i like honey in me porridge - its great.

the problem with the likes of flahavans is that once you cook it it turns into totally soft, gooey pasty stuff - theres no trace of oats in it at all where as the bunalun retains its oatiness

Yeah i agree. Too stodgy or something.....very heavy on the aul stomach. I must try that bunalun stuff.

Porridge rulez.

Oh, lordy, I love porridge, even if it's gloopy.

Maple syrup!

Or honey and bananas and maybe some raisins, put in early enough so they get all plump, and then some soya milk, which is far yummier than regular milk. Sometimes I eat it for two meals in a single day.

Mrmackay.PNG

We get ballysomething jumbo oats from the hopsack, they're good and don't turn into readybrekish mush.
I haven't had porridge in ages.
Been making home-made muesli and it's amazing but a little time consuming.

I feel like I'm giving away a state secret here coz it is quite fantastically delicious but:

-Them aforementioned oats
-Sometimes some barley oats
-roast on an oven tray til hottish
-sprinkle on a half pinch of cinnamon and of cardamon
-in the meantime melt some coconut oil with two spoons of malt barley extract and two of honey til runny
-pour over oats and mix lots til all are covered with a tiny bit (not clumpy)
-return to oven til dryish
-roast some nuts, hazel, pea, brazil
-roast some seeds, sunflower, pumpkin etc.
-add some coconut flakes in with the seeds at the last minute coz they don't take long
- mix in a big dish and leave to cool
-add raisins, banana chips whatever doesn't need to be toasted

YUMYUM

At work they make porridge the proper way - stick it on the night before then it's ready for breakfast in the morning. It's the best porridge I've ever eaten! Doesn't need anything at all added, as it's not stodgy and tastes slightly sweet.

Got me through 4 months of 5am starts in winter that stuff. Magic.

Just had a big bowl of gloop with sultanas, walnuts, a bit of nutmeg, and some milk and sugar. YUM. It was so good that I might have a bit more now when I'm done with this post.

Because it's that, or go to the shops, and I'm too tired to do anything today, or go anywhere, or any sort of carry-on like that.

I love porridge on a cold afternoon/evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back