pogo & crowd surfing (2 Viewers)

ahh boss c'mon now anarchy isn't all about chaos now in fairness

at a chaos punk show or a black metal show i wouldn't expect people not to be goin fuckin mental as disorder/nihilism are far more prevalent in these styles.

and while we are on the point if ya really believed in disorder surely someone gettin kicked out a gig would be fine, kicking someone out a gig is surely just another type of disorder:confused:

i have to disagree with ya on this one spud...anarchy is about chaos but causing chaos to how the modern world works and operates...its about disruptimg the system and everyone who follows the system...i'm sure you've read the anarchist cookbook...it surely doesnt spread peace and love.

A bouncer kicking someone out of a gig is a mean of achieving order and maintaining order to minimise disorder...and thats why they make a scene out of the first person they kick out.

'Despite the name, the book contains no food recipes, has no connection to the anarchist movement, and is, in fact, criticized by many anarchists. The author, in his Amazon.com review of the book, stated that he now disagrees with the central idea of the book "that violence is an acceptable means to bring about political change" and asked that the book be taken out of print. However, the copyright is held by the publisher, so Powell has no control over publication and receives no royalties from it."'

i have to disagree with ya on this one spud...anarchy is about chaos but causing chaos to how the modern world works and operates...its about disruptimg the system and everyone who follows the system...i'm sure you've read the anarchist cookbook...it surely doesnt spread peace and love.
jaysis.what age are you?

as for the rest of the thread,having fun is fine,but annoying people,or i guess in some extreme case,a promoter getting put in the position where they have to find a new venue isn't.
i know in dublin anything i've seen hasn't caused a probelm with the venue as far as i know but jumping into each other just isn't most peoples buzz so that should be respected.

jaysis.what age are you?

He's referring to direct action(i'm presuming??), nothing wrong with it in my eyes as long as it's used in the right way. But then again I wouldn't be the best person to talk to about anarchy.

At the moment I'm reading Anti-fascist my Martin Lux at the moment, it's very very interesting and would recomend it to anyone who's up for a good read! It's also not a load of boring bollocks just so ye know..

Ri tardo, it seems like your a sound lad and just up for a laugh which is grand and well expected but as a couple of people have said you can't be overly aggressive by forcing other people around (too much) but I love going mad at gigs myself when I get the chance but I always try staying clear of "hardcore" moshing (i.e throwing punches etc.)

yes mac, it makes you a very bad person. this pro dancing man is clearly very smart and all of us irish dance nazis are going to have to put our heads together or ovement will creep its way into punk gigs.

p.s. its just southerners who cant dance, the diet of nothing but potatoes, coddle and guinness means they have no rhythm and tiny willys

fuck this shit. i absolutely love to dance and i have found in more and more gigs around dublin if you start getting into a decent skank people who arent into dancing start coming forward esp. girls so you have to relax the head. if they arent into it why dont they just stay back.... calm down as it where and im finding more and more that i have to relagate myself to the back so i can have a skank in peace now you might say just relax ... but i just dont enjoy it as much unless my arms are waving all over the place and im headbutting people with my nose ( sorry to the girl in the voodoo 2 weeks ago my nose still hurts you'll be glad to hear) i've been to a few other places (could count them on my fingers) people have good skanks. its sad to see. i know i would be stronger then other people and in a very closed enviroment say lower deck you should stay at the back but for big venues like voodoo its shite. oh yeah fuck the lot of you tut tuts out there

shit, what's wrong with you people? some of you are better at rhetoric miracles than some politics. like a motherfucking beboping john coltrane, take the theme, then reverse it few times and in the end make it completely another tune. i say, the most important thing in whatever dancing, be it moshing, psychobilly kung-fu or charlston or polka or shamanic dance around fire, is RESPECT to other people and i always try hard to be respectfull and if someone of bystanders would come up to me and ask to settle down cause i'm physically bothering him/her, i would do that with no hesitation(and i never intentionally bang into people who want to stay out of the pit). but in this case it was security guard who was bothered because, to cite him, i 'was up there!' (pointing finger upwards). i fuckin broke the law of gravity... no, seriously, i understand that that's a pub, glass etc. blah blah blah, ok, but it seems when you're speaking, that that was sooo annoying to other people, that that security guard actually represented popular oppinion and yeah this is democracy and he's the police, so there, i'm a criminal, i got kicked out, everything's right. what the fuck. as i said before, i didn't see a single kid who was pissed by that whole surfing thing, and if there were any, they should come up to people that are doing that and speak to them and that would solve the problem i think.
now, as about moshing vs. standing nodding heads, let me repeat myself - respect. i respect people who want to be still, they should respect me when i want to dance as long as i'm not interfering with their space too much. of course, if the area near the stage is small and it's bit crowded, don't expect people who are dancing not to bump at you time to time if you're standing nearby, and if that is bothering you sooo much than fuck that let's do punkrock gigs in theaters better, because there you could sit comfortably and let's place 8 gardas at strategical spots from where they could fast and efficiently calm down everyone who try disturb your peacfull eyes-closed enjoyment of your favorite punk rock ansamble. fucking hell. and i don't throw punches to all fucking 4 directions at people just like that. everything comes naturally, nobody is going to brucelee his way thru unexpecting headnodders, guys.
so, max warzone scum and piratecore, please don't fucking improvise with my words. i said 'music should move people' and i mean if it doesn't theres something wrong with the music, not with the people that are not moving. it depends on your temperament i guess, where is your boiling point and you will jump out tear your t-shirt off and start bouncing around, and if i feel like that i want to be able to do that, what that has to do with you if i'm not hurting you? i didn't say a fucking word that you're 'bad person' or wrong. don't give me that bullshit, alright?

and what's more, piratecore, i don't put myself as a fucking 'dance pro', and you're just being cocky and and a smartass. you must be proud of your sense of humour, aren't you?

don't bother answering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back