Podcasts (1 Viewer)

best show pledge pack arrived in the post this morning.

awesome WFMU shirt and bumper sticker aside...

the CDs are incredible. the todd palin bit is a highlight of the S&W cd but it's all good stuff.

yet to play the 'TOM' cd...i note zachary brimstead esq. makes an appearance with Dump.

also got a FOT card for the first time. exciting!

on the topic of the best show...tomorrow's show should be interesting, though more curious than anything. the mighty boosh? it'll be a weird mix of styles and not one i'd look forward too. still, never know.

also, tom and f. tompkins talking about the juggalo fest was incredible.

Brilliant! Something to look forward to after a 3 week holiday with no best show. Although I may try to listen live tomorrow night. Although it is my wife's birthday... hang on darling, i'm just going to listen attentively to a 3 hour show....

the last 2 best show gem's have been great - 2 Barry Levitz calls, the first promoting Mike Jackal - the Prince of Punk from the band Punk. the second is a follow up call.

best show pledge pack arrived in the post this morning.

awesome WFMU shirt and bumper sticker aside...

the CDs are incredible. the todd palin bit is a highlight of the S&W cd but it's all good stuff.

yet to play the 'TOM' cd...i note zachary brimstead esq. makes an appearance with Dump.

also got a FOT card for the first time. exciting!

on the topic of the best show...tomorrow's show should be interesting, though more curious than anything. the mighty boosh? it'll be a weird mix of styles and not one i'd look forward too. still, never know.

also, tom and f. tompkins talking about the juggalo fest was incredible.

I spent 6 hours last week stuffing those bastards. It's a nice package though. I was this close to scrawling 'Thumped is for pricks' on the Irish addresses, but bottled it. Saw Scharpling at lunchtime also. Though obviously he has no idea who I am.

cool - are you working/volunteering at wfmu?

Aye. Volunteering for the summer. It's a really great place to be hanging around. Seven Second Delay premiums started going out today if anyone was still waiting on that. The plate is utterly ridiculous.

The juggalo conversation between Scharpling and PF Tompkins is lovely stuff indeed. Infectiously hilarious. Someone on another forum has kindly made an mp3: http://files.getdropbox.com/u/280367/bestshow-tom_and_paul_ponder_juggalos.mp3

Boosh interview was annoying. Unfortunate to hear Scharpling address them in such glowing terms. Particularly with Barratt immediately weighing in with the lazy animal whimsy. The Boosh are disturbingly popular over here. There's no escape from their smug, self-consciously fashionable mediocrity.

only got into 7SD a few months ago - it's great! andy breckman is hilarious

boosh interview was just like any boring setup press interview. they obviously didn't really
know about the show like how say, robert popper did. was weird when that girl rang up
after and started talking about jeremy kyle!

Larry D. Pervison is my new favourite part of the show

How long is The Best Show normally? The podcast is 2:45hrs and there's a good few tunes cut out of it, that's a hell of a long show to host..

It's usually three hours long but sadly they have to cut the music out of the podcast. The full shows are available in the archives: http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/BS

I'm starting to realize how obsessed I've become with The Best Show since reading about it this time last year on Thumped. It just keeps giving and giving. I must have listened to the Bernie Taupin call a hundred times by now. Amazing!

Yeah I thought as much they'd have to cut the tunes, they wouldn't be able to afford the royalties for the downloads as well. I've only started listening to it last week because of this thread and it's pretty good so far, 7 Second Delay is great too.

the last 2 best show gem's have been great - 2 Barry Levitz calls, the first promoting Mike Jackal - the Prince of Punk from the band Punk. the second is a follow up call.

Listened to these again on the tube today. I'd forgotten the bit about Michael Jackson buying Dischord!! It's up there with Todd Palin talking about the Faith/Void split.

Tried Best Show 'Gems'. Got the latest one. Made it 20 minutes into the ski mask call before I had to turn it off. Was it going somewhere? What am I missing?

Tried Mowalder in the Morning. It was alright, but it's no You Look Nice Today which makes me literally lol.

Got some BBC Four Friday Night Comedy thing. The best part was when the comedians stopped trying to be funny and just read out readers' emails.

Maybe I no longer have a sense of humour.

Any other podcasts recs? I wouldn't mind listening to something with a few women in it for a change. In terms of seriosity, I can just about manage This American Life but draw the line at Radio Lab. The only other ones I really look forward to are You Look Nice Today and Savage Love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back