Podcasts (2 Viewers)

It'd be better if it wasn't those guys every other week! Put a topic on the table. You hear unfair record reviews? So great

Not sure if this has been posted before: Brilliant interview with Scharpling and Wurster
It's lovely stuff, a real rarity to hear them talking about what they do, out of character, particularly in the same room. I find it impossible to take Wurster seriously though, regardless of what he's talking about, I'm expecting a punchline at any moment.
There are a bunch of old podcasts and bits and pieces of interviews etc. here: http://awfulsome.com/tbsowfmu/.getoffmyphone/

Not sure how late I can stay up tonight with work in the morning, will definitely try to catch the start of Scharpling anyway and pledge during the show.

That's excellent. When did that happen? I'd love to read more about the film they wrote.

I think it's around 2 years old. I don't think anyone ever heard anything else about the S&W movie, but Tom also wrote a movie called 'Jeff the Demon' which is apparently gonna be made with Will Arnett in the title role and James Bobin (Flight of the Conchords, Ali G) directing!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0490433/

Also - the last ever series of Monk is unfolding right now, if anyone's into that - only 3 episodes left to be shown!

http://www.dancarlin.com/disp.php/hharchive

GET ON THIS!

or find it in itunes under hardcore history
seriously check it out

"In "Hardcore History" the very unconventional Dan Carlin takes his "Martian", outside-the-box way of thinking and applies it to the past. Was Alexander the Great as bad a person as Adolf Hitler? What would Apaches with modern weapons be like? Will our modern civilization ever fall like civilizations from past eras? This is a difficult-to-classify show that has a rather sharp edge. It's not for everyone. But the innovative style and approach has made "Dan Carlin's Hardcore History" a New Media hit. "

""Common Sense with Dan Carlin" is a blend of audio commentary and news analysis by one of the leading thinkers among today's politically independent crowd. Author, reporter and talk show host Dan Carlin takes a look at the issues in the news through the prism of his traditional American "forward-thinking pragmatism" while pushing a fiscally conservative, socially liberal approach to solving problems. Whether he's railing against the "Fat Police", explaining the existence of "The Chicken Little Gene" or continually bringing up historical events no one has ever heard of, Carlin manages to be entertaining and informative in a uniquely non-partisan way. His style has been compared to Seinfeld's George Costanza on steroids. Whether that's true or not, he does often talk really fast. You'll have to keep up."

http://www.dancarlin.com/disp.php/hharchive

GET ON THIS!

or find it in itunes under hardcore history
seriously check it out

"In "Hardcore History" the very unconventional Dan Carlin takes his "Martian", outside-the-box way of thinking and applies it to the past. Was Alexander the Great as bad a person as Adolf Hitler? What would Apaches with modern weapons be like? Will our modern civilization ever fall like civilizations from past eras? This is a difficult-to-classify show that has a rather sharp edge. It's not for everyone. But the innovative style and approach has made "Dan Carlin's Hardcore History" a New Media hit. "

""Common Sense with Dan Carlin" is a blend of audio commentary and news analysis by one of the leading thinkers among today's politically independent crowd. Author, reporter and talk show host Dan Carlin takes a look at the issues in the news through the prism of his traditional American "forward-thinking pragmatism" while pushing a fiscally conservative, socially liberal approach to solving problems. Whether he's railing against the "Fat Police", explaining the existence of "The Chicken Little Gene" or continually bringing up historical events no one has ever heard of, Carlin manages to be entertaining and informative in a uniquely non-partisan way. His style has been compared to Seinfeld's George Costanza on steroids. Whether that's true or not, he does often talk really fast. You'll have to keep up."

6 hour best show is great so far! Great wurster call, funny interview with the Rhino Records guy who did the new nuggets thing and now a rant about Petey!

edit - that petey bit just got quite weird.

I was listening live for the first hour call, the first (2nd maybe) Wurster call about the guy dressing the kid was good "he crys tears of joy over the way I dress him"

Apart from the Best Show I get Mark Kermode & Simon Mayo's Film Weekly, Stop Podcasting Yourself, Chikara Podcast-A-Go-Go and usually whatever BBC & RTE documentaries look good this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back