pmfs need a lift... (2 Viewers)

holy shit the rocket summer was without a doubt the WORST band I've ever seen. also the ONLY band I've ever heckled, and the first time music has actually offended me. it was like watching saturday morning television with a Pop Idol reject. I had terrible, evil thoughts. i wanted to give him pain. it was painful.

then planes played and the sound sucked but they were pretty good... mainly new stuff which sounded cool, but the overall effect was slightly underwhelming, possibly due to being surrounded by hundreds of teenyboppers who heard of the ataris six months ago and spent the PMFS set making mock devil horns and pretending to headbang while wondering just what the fuck was going on.

but i got a nice badge.

dont know what that first guy was like but i felt like killing the singer outta a band me an erin saw on sun....they were called the things. the singer kept wanking the mic and making stupid faces and generally acting 'cool' never before hav i wanted to throw some thing at someone!
then he got off stage and acted normal. i hate people in bands who have a little stage persona...its really fucking annoying.

the venue seriously took away from the gig,the whole front row was made up of expressionless 13 year old girls with their bigger brothers who started threatening anyone who tried to enjoy planes.
they were cool guys and it was a good set but they were seriously unsuited to the enviorment.

we shud seriously try to inform foreign bands about mcd and their badness. any ideas anyone? maybe make up a little mail thingy and send it to all the labells that would be sending bands like this over?

theres been a few gigs lately that ive been really suprised to see mcds involvement in alright and something(no idea what)should really been done about it.
in the ataris case i couldent give a crap but bands like explosions in the sky and isis i would have expected more from.

yeah remember propagandhi? and fucking bad religion...i was deeply pissed off at them....seeing as ed whitfeild got in touch with one of them and was emailing bak an forth for a while telling them about how bad it was and stuff like that and offered to organise an inde gig...but they just turned around and did it in the end anyway (this is the one about a year ago.) but what ya gonna do i suppose...its up to the bands at the end of the day....just wish they could make more informed judgments, by letting them know about mcd's death grip

with a minimal amount of research you could put together some kind of anti mcd factsheet but the people you have to target is the agents aswell as the bands, most u.s. bands will have their tours booked by an agent who will accept the biggest offer to make them more commission ,sure most pple know that already.

pmfs t-shirt: €20, cd: €15.
jaysus.

the ataris admitted ripping off man without plan if i remember correctly.

Its already been said but it is true that most bigger bands go through agents, so a lot of the time they cant be blamed. Having been involved in organising shitloads of gigs i find its better just to deal with bands who arent that big and generally book it themselves anyway; that way you dont have as big a risk of bullshit rock star antics.

Even though people like to think their favourite bands are 100% DIY sometimes thats not the case... a lot of the time the aul € signs are floating around a bit too much

mc moley said:
dont know what that first guy was like but i felt like killing the singer outta a band me an erin saw on sun....they were called the things. the singer kept wanking the mic and making stupid faces and generally acting 'cool' never before hav i wanted to throw some thing at someone!
then he got off stage and acted normal. i hate people in bands who have a little stage persona...its really fucking annoying.
Was this at the fetish party?

then what on earth did you expect?? that kind of thing is surely all about creating a persona for yourself. i've heard all about your gangster outfit and erin's 6 inch heels.

No
I'm off to erin's house now in a minute though, so I might see them then
And I'll eat all the food before you get there AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back