pmfs need a lift... (1 Viewer)

Steven told me and Cormac to get a room or else go to a site about brasso, and since then all imaginings of sexy results have been associated with polish. It's just as well I'm single.

Anyway, PMFS. Damo and I got in for free last night thanks to Belfast Pete. It wasn't all that great. There was this circle pit of stupid goks the whole time which made me really angry. It seemed they only paid €17 to go smack each other 'round a bit. Musically they were fairly average in my opinion. The Ataris had THREE guitarists cos they decided they'd let their Guitar Technician play with them on this tour too. The also did some cover and admitted to hella-ripping off some band.

On a lighter note, the bouncer believed I was 18 and I got stamped and was permitted to go into the bar. Only to realise the cheapest pint was €4.30 or some shit like that.

Damo got hilariously drunk and enjoyed The Ataris.

My mental image is of Damo trying to get onstage to touch the legends of punk, only to be grabbed by a bouncer and dragged out as he kicks and screams, desperately trying to get back in, if only to shout their name again...

That's what really happened, I know because I was walking past the music centre and met Jill comforting Damo outside who was sobbing quietly and refused to look up.

mc moley said:
the mental image is really funny....damo boppin away to teenage riot and other such classics....oh damo
No no, it definitely wasn't a "boppin" sort of drunk. It was more of a "nneaarrgh i'm jush gonna lean againsht you ferra while now.." kinda drunk.

It's weird that The Ataris have a song called Teenage Riot when there's also a band called Atari Teenage Riot.

Planes Mistaken For Stars were fucking excellent.

The Ataris were ok but don't really like them.

The Ataris "Teenage Riot" was supposed to be written because of the band Atari Teenage Riot but not about them.

I dunno

The only cover I remember is their "radio hit" cover of Don Henly's "Boys Of Summer"

=Lam=

p.s forgot to mention the poor bastard at the start "The Rocket Summer", he tried so hard but it was just him and his telecaster for most of it. He got pity claps and I went so far to get his autograph and buy two stickers and badges off him. Oh merciful fate he was awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back