Please tell me this is a rumor (1 Viewer)

as Byrnos said earlier one of the few friendly and open blokes who would make you feel comfortable when most of the others were too busy trying to impress somebody "back in the day"!,genuine bloke ,definitely one of the good guys,loved the noise !walked it like he talked it, numb thinkin about how his missus and family must feel ,one of the few people i know who ive NEVER heard any bitchin about ! a damn good man!

Truly saddening news - my heart sunk when I heard this.

Very fond memories of Skinny - always supportive, genuine, friendly and great fun on top of it all. I only saw him once in a blue moon and feel like I'll miss him terribly - my sincere condolences to close friends and family. RIP.

He was definately one of the most genuinely sound lads out there, i have a great memory of him at knockrockstock, glynn from dagda was getting hassled by these dickheads and he sorted them out, sound as fuck! R.I.P!

i just can't find the words here. Back in the 80's i used to call up to his folks house regularily and see how his homebrew was coming along. him and brayo would be talking about chaos uk, paranoid visions or disorder and just being cool blokes. we had so many great chats. tragic

i just can't find the words here. Back in the 80's i used to call up to his folks house regularily and see how his homebrew was coming along. him and brayo would be talking about chaos uk, paranoid visions or disorder and just being cool blokes. we had so many great chats. tragic

once when we had the homebrew out, and were drinking it in his bedroom out of cups, his dog stuck its nose into the mug and started drinking it....seemed fuckin hilarious at the time...oddly enough the remainder of the brew got poured into a different cup, because brew laced with dog dribble was obviously more hygenic than a cup that had had a dogs tongue near it.....

just reading a similar thread over on metal ireland
he was as liked over there...

http://www.metalireland.com/2009/11/18/rip-paul-skinny-kelly/

just a few that hit a note for me.

"I had the pleasure to interview Skinny and the rest of the lads a couple years back on my radio show, since then he’s always talked to me after their shows or acknowledged me in the crowd during one of his always outstanding performances"

"A really really sound guy, so easy to chat to, even on first time meeting him!!!"

Really sad news. I feel like the stomachs dropped out of me. I remember seeing Skinny playing gigs in Dublin and thinking he was such a big scary guy and as soon as we first met, think it was that Knockrockstock Stanto mentioned, he was just so so nice. So friendly, such a big open welcoming smile. What everyone else says has summed it up...it didn't matter how you looked or that we were silly young fellas who might piss off in 6 months, he still had time for ya. When so many other people would never remember you or even bother to look you in the eye, Skinny always had a big smile and a hearty handshake or pat on the back. Heart as big as a house that fella. Really really sad...RIP.

Thanks Aido.

If any help is needed with the arrangements or sorting out somewhere for after etc, anything really, give us a shout.

theres lots of event on this weekend in Dublin so hopefully these will also give people a chance to get togethar and remember the good times and give each other a bit of support - its a huge loss.

yup, was shocked when i heard this, like some of you, i thought it was someone else.

a top chap as damone said, no bullshit, just dead on.

one good memory is a summer solstice party in Brayos a good few years back with big bonfire, cans, camper vans, dogs and Skinny on the wheels of steel all night.

RIP, way too young to pass away.

link to coitus from Kerry Johns fb page,

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I always remember him blasting out gabba mad early in the morning at that. great night.

That was a great night. The image that has come back to me for years since then is Breyo's caravan with all the lights on and Skinny fast asleep sitting straight up like he was in the middle of telling a story. As peaceful a sight as a punk with a long beard and a discharge shirt could every look.

He was a man that had time for everybody and it was always genuinely nice to see him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back