playing the game in starbucks. (1 Viewer)

did you give any consideration at all to choosing Betelgeuse as your username?

Nah, but I did briefly consider going with Gamma Orionis*

Don't the stars in Orion have the best names?

*No. No I didn't.

Well, when I want to buy a pound of sugar and a pint of milk, I go to the supermarket as opposed to Starbucks.

Zing!

Eat is great but unfortunately I don't live in London.

The best place in Dublin for a coffee is Simon's Place on George's Street. You get greeted by four smiling Spanish chicks, get served a nice big mug of hot coffee and get to sit downstairs in a peaceful environment where you can read undisturbed.

EIRE!? Billy, what's happened to you? You've turned into Oliver Cromwell!

Recent picture of me:
will3-2.jpg

The best place in Dublin for a coffee is Simon's Place on George's Street. You get greeted by four smiling Spanish chicks, get served a nice big mug of hot coffee and get to sit downstairs in a peaceful environment where you can read undisturbed.

I really, really miss smoking fags in there.

Hey, does anyone remember "Play The Game", the seminal RTE quiz-show hosted by Ronan Collins, featuring Twink and Derek Davis in a charades-based fight to the death?

Do I ever.

Ronan Collins was on Marian Finucanes radio show a while back and he talked about play the game. He had a really funny anecdote about how Derek Davis once farted while miming as a weight lifter. The cameras kept rolling and they left it in. Apparently "that’s what made the show so special..."

I wonder is there a Play the Game DVD Boxset in the works?

Nglgggbthh?

One of the best places fro coffee in Dublin is the Jet service station on the Cabra Road- i loved that coffee

Also my kitchen, ever since I got one of these

pezzetti14.gif

Ronan Collins was on Marian Finucanes radio show a while back and he talked about play the game. He had a really funny anecdote about how Derek Davis once farted while miming as a weight lifter. The cameras kept rolling and they left it in. Apparently "that’s what made the show so special..."

I think I mentioned this before but when I was an undergrad, Derek Davis gave a talk to my class. We figured it was going to be two hours of sleeping and spit-balls but, as it turned out, he was incredibly interesting.

Did you know that in his pre-Play the Game days Derek worked for CNN as a war-correspondent in Vietnam???

go way? i cant imagine him skulking under cover in the paddy fields. what was he doing on live at three all these years? I've always thought he was alright although his friendship with the least favorite of my former employers did sour my feelings for him a bit. i like ronan collins too even though hes a smartarse. whatever happened to thelma mansfield?

I think I mentioned this before but when I was an undergrad, Derek Davis gave a talk to my class. We figured it was going to be two hours of sleeping and spit-balls but, as it turned out, he was incredibly interesting.

I have no doubt that in the right circumstances he would be entertaining- he's a pro that guy

but one time he filled in for Joe Duffy on the liveline.

It was time to turn off when he almost tearfully beseeched the listeners " how come potatoes just don't taste good anymore?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back