PJ Harvey's new one (2 Viewers)

I'll tell you one thing : she's absolutely taking the piss with her ticket prices on this tour.

Like how much?

I saw her last time, I think, in the Olympia.
It was very much 'An Evening With....' kind of vibe.
She probably sticks an extra 20 on for that.
Great show though.

You think 50 euro is fair? Lord.
She was charging 65 euro for the cheapest ticket in Berlin. To which I say, 'It was nice knowing you, now fuck off'.

yeah. never really into her much but this is one of the best things I've listened to in years. really affecting. the videos are great too.

not fair no but shes worth it I guess. Went to see Airborne Toxic event(and 3 other bands) for 10 euro the night after which is fair.

Was a bit disappointed tbh with PJ, setlist very similar to the online gig she played a week before and no interaction at all. New songs sounded great and she played for a bit longer than she usually does. They seemed tired tho after playing a few gigs in a row in diff countries maybe.

she's my girlfriend's favourite musician of all time - of ALL TIME - but according to the missus she's never seen her play a good gig in 10 years of going, being disappointed, hearing a new record, forgetting how bad it was, going, being disappointed, hearing a new record...

Goes to show. I've seen her 4 or 5 times, and each time I was thinking that "that was the best gig I have ever been at". Much prefer her live performances to her studio albums.. apart from the latest, which is tremendous.

she's my girlfriend's favourite musician of all time - of ALL TIME - but according to the missus she's never seen her play a good gig in 10 years of going, being disappointed, hearing a new record, forgetting how bad it was, going, being disappointed, hearing a new record...

I am loving this album. I've never been a fan and this just came out of nowhere. Beautiful stuff.

Just downloaded White Chalk and it's unreal as well.

I have it in my head that I hate PJ Harvey (not her music, just her) but can't for the life of me remember why

does she hate animals or something? Was she all up with Bryan Ferry's kid in the pro hunting protests that time?

maybe I have her mixed up with someone else and owe her an apology.

yeah, she loves to kill animals alright, fucking adores it. It's part of her heritage, along with expanding the empire through sheer bloody murder I suppose.

Guy in work handed me this album today and ordered me to listen to it so gonna give it a whirl later

I have it in my head that I hate PJ Harvey (not her music, just her) but can't for the life of me remember why

I'm the same... I actually think its a case of anyone I've talked to in the past that liked/talked about her has irritated me in some way. This thread is making me want to give the album a chance

I gave it a listen there this morning, it's good. Very concise, no messing about with extended intros or codas or anything like that. I've half listened to her in the past but I don't remember her sounding like this.

I've half listened to her in the past but I don't remember her sounding like this.

Bam. That was my exact feeling. Is this? Really? Floored is how this album left me, whereas I used to catch snippets of her in the past and think her whole beat was too 'try hard.'

Do the lyrics not piss anyone else off? Her voice does sound amazing on it though. Still not sure if I'm liking it as much as everyone else here seems to be. Will keep going with it.

Do the lyrics not piss anyone else off? Her voice does sound amazing on it though. Still not sure if I'm liking it as much as everyone else here seems to be. Will keep going with it.

yeah, someone else was talking about that. And in response, no not really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back