Pink Floyd (9 Viewers)

A lot of his solo stuff and a fair bit of old floyd stuff, I'd imagine. He played a nice versions of Wots Uh The Deal and Fat Old Sun on his last tour. I'd go see him here if the tickets were no more than €20.

this was cool as fuck
f20610ad08a147b9613c0baab10ad6b8.jpg

They went to all that trouble to make a film in Pompeii and they "dress" like that, though.

pinkfloyd_pompeii03_by_sydparrett-d6wt9ky.jpg

Nick Mason wore a vest

pompeii-5.JPG

It wouldn't have killed them to dress up as Romans or in some stylish contemporary Italian style.

This looks facinating, @scutter
Expansive Form in Pink Floyd’s “Dogs”*
Gilad Cohen

KEYWORDS: Pink Floyd, progressive rock, form, guitar solo

ABSTRACT: In their seventeen-minute track “Dogs” from the 1977 LP Animals, Pink Floyd used a small amount of material, appropriate to a standard-length song, and expanded each of its sections enormously by employing heavy repetition and an exceptionally slow harmonic pace. Yet how can a rock song that is based on so little material retain vitality over the course of such a prolonged duration? This paper analyzes and assesses the ways in which “Dogs” succeeds in maintaining a sense of variety, direction, and cohesiveness throughout its extended length. Through an inspired scheme of structurally foundational guitar solos, a motivic use of melodic and harmonic tension, and a meticulously woven fabric of text, harmony, texture, sound, and instrumentation, the song maintains a propulsive forward drive in spite of its thematic economy.
MTO 21.2: Cohen, Expansive Form in “Dogsâ€

I did listen to a recording of his gig in Brighton the other week, the new songs weren't terrible, just a bit forgettable. I only listened because I wanted to hear how Sorrow sounded (as meh as ever). His voice is still really strong and the band are really good, they just need some decent tunes.

Are you listening to the whole album again or just Rattle That Lock? I'm actually really excited about the forthcoming Roger Waters album.
the whole album.

+1 on Waters (have always loved his stuff though, even the terrible stuff). And, I really want to see that new film. It looks like it might actually be decent.

Oh, these got an official release last week - I thought they were fake.

Pink Floyd - "1965 - Their First Recordings", 7" mono vinyl EP

Tracklist
2:53 | A1-1: Lucy Leave (written by: Syd Barrett)
3:25 | B1-1: Double O Bo (written by: Syd Barrett)
2:45 | B1-2: Remember Me (written by: Syd Barrett)
3:11 | A2-1: Walk With Me Sydney (vocals by: Juliette Gale; written by: Roger Waters)
2:59 | B2-1: Butterfly (written by: Syd Barrett)
3:07 | B2-2: I'm A King Bee (written by: Slim Harpo)

Discogs

Bass, Vocals – Roger Waters
Drums – Nick Mason
Guitar – Rado Klose
Keyboards – Richard Wright
Vocals, Guitar – Syd Barrett

Mastered By [For Vinyl] – Andy Jackson, Ray Staff

Artwork [Kinetic Art] – StormStudios
Creative Director – Aubrey Powell
Design – Peter Curzon
Graphics [Light Projections] – Peter Wynn-Wilson
Photography By – Hipgnosis Ltd.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back