Pink Floyd (1 Viewer)

That does look pretty cool alright, although I can't see myself buying it. I never heard of that John Latham session before, sounds interesting. I guess after all the immersion sets there's not much chance of a box of later material, unless there are some final cut / momentary lapse of reason out takes that they could package up along with the carrera panamerica sound track. Ugh.

yeah, and its the kind of thing I could see myself listening to once or twice then forgetting about.

A friend of mine gave me a bunch of bootlegs several years ago. I doubt I've listened to half of them at this stage.

Short of a lotto win, I don't think this'll be getting added to my collection.

Only €540 in tower for this new box:
http://www.towerrecords.ie/product/PinkFloyd_EarlyYears1965_1972Boxset/680179

Heres an article about this John Latham guy and a bit about the floyd connection. I can't believe I never new about these recordings.

Equally, the existence of a Pink Floyd track titled John Latham may be phantasmal. Pink Floyd's Nick Mason emailed to say, "I simply don't remember this project at all, and it's hard to believe that we would have done any better than Joe Harriott.. I'm certain there are no tapes gathering dust - someone would have bootlegged them by now."

The lying cunt

jl1.JPG
jl2.JPG
jl3.JPG

gone through this archive pretty thoroughly but it looks like their sept 67 show at the Arcadia, Cork was Pink Floyds only republic of ireland show ever (Gilmour played National Stadium in 84, Waters has played cork and dublin in more recent times too of course)

Pink Floyd news :: Brain Damage - 1967 tour dates/concerts (but please correct me if i'm wrong folks)

I think they scheduled a gig in the rds for the late 80s but they couldn't fit their stage, or they couldn't power their light show or something like that, so it was cancelled.

Yeah, I'll probably go see him this time around, if he comes. I'd be happier if the "very secret" content didn't include 75% old stuff, I have close to zero interest I seeing him do pink Floyd stuff

Yeah, I'll probably go see him this time around, if he comes. I'd be happier if the "very secret" content didn't include 75% old stuff, I have close to zero interest I seeing him do pink Floyd stuff

yeah, exact same as that. I enjoyed his first solo gig here where he played loads of his solo stuff. Played the odd PF song too, mostly from Animals (which I can very much live with). If he did that again, it'd do me.

I've started listening to this new box set. Vegetable Man is great, and Scream Thy Last Scream. I had these tracks on a shite bootleg years ago but they sounded rubbish, they sound great now. I never new until right now that Nick Mason sang the lead vocal on Scream Thy Last Scream. Walk With Me Sydney is also a great tune, apparently Roger thinks it's rubbish.

I've started listening to this new box set. Vegetable Man is great, and Scream Thy Last Scream. I had these tracks on a shite bootleg years ago but they sounded rubbish, they sound great now. I never new until right now that Nick Mason sang the lead vocal on Scream Thy Last Scream. Walk With Me Sydney is also a great tune, apparently Roger thinks it's rubbish.
did you buy it? What's it selling for here?

I want it and will probably get it at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back