Photos of criminals in the begging of the XX century (1 Viewer)

That book is fuckin harsh. Some of the pictures completely defy belief in how mangled and fucked the bodies are. Fuck. And some of the suicides, what they were trying to do to themselves? Fuuuuck.

It is genuinely disturbing in a way very few other things are.not just because of the contents of the photos (which are, obviously, fucked), but they're 's something about the quality of the images , the kind of grittiness or whatever it is, that just makes it that little bit worse. They actually half jokingly put a sticker on it in Red Ink at one point that said something like "Not recommended for anyone apart from Grimes", before I'd even seen it. There's pictures in it that realistically no-one should ever have to see, and that I actually can't look at.

See also "Wisconsin Death Trip"

Yeah, the stark black & white images, especially some of the ones that have been retouched or whatever, it's like what you can almost see or think you might see or imagine you see is even worse than the actual reality of it. And then the others are just so much like holiday snaps or something. I read it one night really drunk at my mates house in London, me & him & Anji just sitting there bollixed slowly turning the pages whilst simultaneously making faces at his daughter...er...an odd evening!
Me and a mate here got obsessed with downloading faces of death & accidentally filmed death videos a few years ago; after a few days of getting really monged and watching that shit we were both having horrendous nightmares and decided enough was enough...why are fuckin gross things so fascinating?! I'll never get tired of photographs of war victims and mass suicides.

on the subject of old photos, these are some from 1923 on some of the islands in vanuatu (http://www.gutenberg.org/files/18023/18023-h/18023-h.htm)

p1918-104.jpg

tattooing on aoba island

p1918-117.jpg

archer on nitendi island

p1918-119.jpg

man from nitendi with nose ornament

p1918-123-1.jpg

p1918-123-2.jpg

p1918-092-1.jpg

p1918-120.jpg

p1918-085.jpg

p1918-086.jpg

p1918-093.jpg

p1918-098.jpg
p1918-099.jpg

p1918-105.jpg

p1918-113.jpg

p1918-114-2.jpg
p1918-116-1.jpg
p1918-116-2.jpg

I'm dying to see that documentary but can't find a copy to watch via my browser

i put the link up on that bridge thread and went to find it on tv links now again - and it appears to have been removed. was gonna say that way you dont need to download, can just watch it on veoh

i put the link up on that bridge thread and went to find it on tv links now again - and it appears to have been removed. was gonna say that way you dont need to download, can just watch it on veoh

Never spotted it on tvlinks before. Bollox

That book is fuckin harsh. Some of the pictures completely defy belief in how mangled and fucked the bodies are. Fuck. And some of the suicides, what they were trying to do to themselves? Fuuuuck.

A little known fact about why people look so odd and fucked up in those old pictures is that they had to stand in the same position for a long time because the exposure times worked very differently, it was more like standing for a portrait. Try spending a minute standing still looking serious while someone takes your photo. You'll probably look pretty freakass.

FREAKASS!

haven't seen the bridge but found this insightful review on a movie site:

"All got a bit tedious after a while. I mean, I feel sorry for people that want to kill themselves but this documentary was so plodding and really felt that the director was trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear that you really had little sympathy with the jumpers at the end of it all. However, what saved the thing was the stunning beautful shots of an astounding bridge, shot at different times of the day throughout the year. I have visited the bridge on a few occasions and it really is amazing, so get the film for this. You won't be disappointed."

summary: nice tourism video if you can ignore the tedious nobodies ending their lives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back