phoenix (1 Viewer)

Yeah they also had a track "too young" on the Lost In Translation OST.

Too young is a kinda frenchie flashy shimmie pop rock kind of affair, suits the movie though

i'm saw them in oslo- death metal band played right before. the weirdest line-up i have ever seen for a festival but norway is a seriously nice place. very expensive though, 10 quid for a bowl of fish soup. i have never tasted nicer fish soup though.... and maybe that's the point.

hey, did i mention the goofy guy is the cool guy? this totally blew my mind but i think a already knew this to be the case, deep down.

B0001K634G.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

the guy pictured to the bottom-most right-most. all the cool guitar licks, all the cool dancing, all the cool goofy faces. he rules. maybe sadie will post a wee video we managed to take of the heart-felt bit in goofy square dance...

tripoli said:
I like alphabetical more so than united. What bout you lot?

No way. A lot of people dont seem to rate Alphabetical. I think they're wrong. I think it's really good, but not as good as United.

Hag: Isn't the airport in Oslo beautiful?

the first half of alphabetical is excellent... but I find the songs get very samey after the half way mark... very s.l.o.w. and boring. pity, the first half is album of the year material.

hugh said:
No way. A lot of people dont seem to rate Alphabetical. I think they're wrong. I think it's really good, but not as good as United.

Hag: Isn't the airport in Oslo beautiful?
yes hugh, it is beautiful. makes you feel like you're in a big beautiful ship about to step on to an air-o-plane. also tax free applies. i totally got a bottle of quantreau - ever had a white russian with a dash of quantreau? for fans of terry's chocolate orange and plain nice drinks.

hey, phoenix are better than most bands, seriously. they pulled it off live big-style. played around 2/3 united and 1/3 alphabetical and a song off the new album. i personally prefer united but i really haven't given alphabetical a huge chance to be honest... i mean how the fuck are you supposed to follow united? talk about a difficult second album... jimmy cake don't know how lucky they are.

hag said:
yes hugh, it is beautiful. makes you feel like you're in a big beautiful ship about to step on to an air-o-plane. also tax free applies. i totally got a bottle of quantreau - ever had a white russian with a dash of quantreau? for fans of terry's chocolate orange and plain nice drinks.

hey, phoenix are better than most bands, seriously. they pulled it off live big-style. played around 2/3 united and 1/3 alphabetical and a song off the new album. i personally prefer united but i really haven't given alphabetical a huge chance to be honest... i mean how the fuck are you supposed to follow united? talk about a difficult second album... jimmy cake don't know how lucky they are.

Hi Hag.

united is amazing, my favourite by far. they were such a cool band live, knocked my socks off. hag was so happy that the goofy guy was the cool one and i was so happy that i was watching phoenix play in an old castle in tonsberg when only an hour before i had no idea why we were in norway:D

was in Oslo myself from Wed til yesterday,
didnt go to Tonsberg though cos at 8euro a beer i knew it would kill my wallet,
10euro for fish soup you say....we ended up buyin little compigrills in the supermarket and having BBQ's in the park most days. went to Bergen
too,amazing place.Fjordland is tops.

the airport is deadly lookin alright but i still didnt like being there for 3hours with nothing to do,did get a bottle of Jim Beam for 9euro tho

clonan attack said:
was in Oslo myself from Wed til yesterday,
didnt go to Tonsberg though cos at 8euro a beer i knew it would kill my wallet,
10euro for fish soup you say....we ended up buyin little compigrills in the supermarket and having BBQ's in the park most days. went to Bergen
too,amazing place.Fjordland is tops.

the airport is deadly lookin alright but i still didnt like being there for 3hours with nothing to do,did get a bottle of Jim Beam for 9euro tho
we really wanted to go to bergen aswell, couldn't really afford the trip though. what i saw made me really want to go back. gotta get inside the circle!

20000914_NORHTERNLIGHTS2.jpg

Bleedin' Northern Lights!

Myself and the missus spent three nights in Tromso looking at the sky waiting for them to come out. And did they? Did they fuck!

Saw 'em in Drogheda a year later though ....

hugh said:
Bleedin' Northern Lights!

Myself and the missus spent three nights in Tromso looking at the sky waiting for them to come out. And did they? Did they fuck!

Saw 'em in Drogheda a year later though ....
phoenix played in tromso the night after we saw them. tromso sounds like good fun, how was it? what time of year was you there? the lights like particular months i think...

will definitely be going back to Norge, unfortunatley trip was cut short due to some personal tragedy.

on that note can i just say SAS rule as an airline, they got me home within 5hours of me ringing them about bad news,and didnt charge me anything cos it was compassionate circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back