Personal finances and budgeting (1 Viewer)

I’m getting a survey done this afternoon. Trying to convince them they can fit more panels up there….

my boss in germany self-installed his solar panels and battery etc (still needed a qualified electrician to connect it all up and certify it). he's currently (boom boom) getting 4kW, sunny day there.

my boss in germany self-installed his solar panels and battery etc (still needed a qualified electrician to connect it all up and certify it). he's currently (boom boom) getting 4kW, sunny day there.
A lady I knew in Berlin had been selling electricity back to teh grid since the 70s I think
I love those Germans, I have to say

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

so, that'd be 51c per unit of electricity in france, were that price to be passed on to the customer with no markup.

just chatting to my (german) boss about electricity prices; he checked a german price comparison website, and this is the cheapest option for a new customer (for reference, electric ireland are raising their standard price per unit to 43.3c)

"12month contract, monthly base fee of 19 Euro, 0,63 per KWh"

just chatting to my (german) boss about electricity prices; he checked a german price comparison website, and this is the cheapest option for a new customer (for reference, electric ireland are raising their standard price per unit to 43.3c)

"12month contract, monthly base fee of 19 Euro, 0,63 per KWh"
Thats not very clear.. how much is the german Kwh? 63c or .63c ?

It must be 63c surely

I've had my solar connected for a week now and its been interesting to see how its been working. Its been sunny more days than it hasn't been, and at the moment it seems we've 12 hours from the time the sun rises til its setting,.

I have a 2.5kwh setup (7 * 365kwh panels) with 3 panels on the front of the house and another 4 on the side. This means I never get the full 2.5kwh as the sun is never shining on them all directly at the same time.

Anyway, I seem to be generating around 12kwh per day on a sunny day. Not too bad since my usage generally comes in under that. The exception being when the washing machine/dishwasher/drier are on.

I was out of the house all day yesterday and my usage was 3kwh for the entire day. The solar generated 12kwh, of which 3 went into the battery, and the rest were exported - I don't fully understand why the solar didn't cover the whole 3kwh (2kwh was imported and the other came from the battery), but anyway.

So I exported 9kwh back to the grid. For each 1kwh I get 0.135 cents. Someone like the ESB will then go on to sell this for 0.30 cents. Thats a phenomenal markup, fucking cunts.

The solar lad explained to me that they're still sorting out the selling-back-to-the-grid situation, but its outrageous that my solar panels are contributing to the profits for those greedy robbing cunts. A good arrangement should be an offset - every 1kwh I send to the grid is a 1kwh credit for me. Or maybe a little less to cover the cost of using the infrastructure, but I can't get over that markup. Cunts.

Once the sun goes down the vast majority of my power is coming from the battery, which is charged by solar. We've also been heating the water completely via solar.

So overall very impressed by how its been working. Obviously not great only getting it setup when the evenings are starting to get shorter, but good to have it all the same.

And now I've just read about how the energy companies are going to hike the standing charges, which will completely negate any financial gain I might have gotten from having the solar. Pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back