Personal finances and budgeting (3 Viewers)

what's the wholesale price for electricity?
IIRC my boss in germany, selling back to the grid, would get roughly one third retail rates. he was saying though in NL, to entice people in, they're offering full retail rates.

what's the wholesale price for electricity?
IIRC my boss in germany, selling back to the grid, would get roughly one third retail rates. he was saying though in NL, to entice people in, they're offering full retail rates.
I doubt it is, but thats all they're paying saps like me at the moment. Again, apparently because the setup is new and they haven't gotten around to considering what a fair price might be.

I'm curious to know how much gets set back to the grid at that price, that then gets re-sold onwards for the higher price.

I'm also at a loss to know why a bigger deal isn't being made out of it.

I'm also at a loss to know why a bigger deal isn't being made out of it.
devil's advocate - you're an unreliable, small time - very small time - supplier. no SLAs, nothing. one of the big operators would say 'why should he get the same price as us when we get dictated to about when we can sell to the market, and how much?'

that's divorcing the debate from the whole 'we should be enticing people to do this'.
also curious as to whether it'd be possible to sell back to the system from the battery, e.g. when eirgrid need the extra power, rather than just when it's actually being generated.

devil's advocate - you're an unreliable, small time - very small time - supplier. no SLAs, nothing. one of the big operators would say 'why should he get the same price as us when we get dictated to about when we can sell to the market, and how much?'

that's divorcing the debate from the whole 'we should be enticing people to do this'.
also curious as to whether it'd be possible to sell back to the system from the battery, e.g. when eirgrid need the extra power, rather than just when it's actually being generated.
I can't argue with that. But it shouldn't be me as a supplier but rather everyone with solar, as a whole. We need to incentivise people do to this and a good way to do it is by compensating them for what an energy company is eventually going to be making a healthy profit on.

Some brief googling tells me that there are only around 25k houses nationwide with solar, so the numbers overall are still fairly insignificant. But it makes me wonder, if, say, 10 times that number had solar and were selling to the grid, its a lot less insignificant. And, since the energy companies are going to be profiting, should they not be doing more to incentivise their customers to also become suppliers?

i do think (based on my deep understanding of the situation, natch) that them being able to call on your battery at their command would be an interestng development. because that would help to level out the peaks and dips, if there was a distributed nationwide battery storage.

i was just talking to my (german) boss who is in the process of getting his self-installed solar setup certified.
he was saying that once he's able to start selling into the grid, he will be getting 'six or seven cents per unit'.
so i was wrong about him getting one third retail price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back