People Who Died (5 Viewers)

Kevin Cowley, father of Gavin Cowley (Boxes, Glimmermen, Carpark Sci-fi) passed away at the weekend. Lovely guy. Lived down the road from us.
Just posting here as I know there’s a few people here would be friendly with Gav.

The Chills have been mentioned here from time to time- probably due to the time they spent in Ireland

The Chills have been mentioned here from time to time- probably due to the time they spent in Ireland

They've been Artist of The Week on WFMU's morning show this week

Really like their sound

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So many sad boys in the world

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is such a ruthless exploitation of a man's death for commercial purposes, that is also so on brand for Deadpool and Reynolds, that you'd have to think Chan would have loved it.

I thought it was nice
It totally is. And it's beautiful and it's touching

And they are absolutely using it to sell movie tickets

The two things existing together is what's on brand about it. There's an honesty to it. Not necessarily a bad thing.

My main thoughts watching that
- this guy was amazing
- I need to see this film

Nice work inside my brain there, Ryan

3rd thought
motherfuckers in their 50s need to stop just dropping fucking dead. it's freaking me out a little.

Of course the irony of it is that there are parts of the movie that look like they were shot on a GENERIC CITY backlot. You can even see them in the trailer.

A guy at work (62) calls the 50s "sniper alley". He mentions it a lot. I think he's just glad to have survived his 50s.
i was out walking my dogs about two years ago and i was thinking "wow, i don;t think anyone who was in secondary school year with me has passed away yet" (i was 53/54 at the time)... that same night i met up with some of the lads in town for a pint and one told me a guy in our class had died a few months earlier.... since then another 3 or 4 have passed :(

i was out walking my dogs about two years ago and i was thinking "wow, i don;t think anyone who was in secondary school year with me has passed away yet" (i was 53/54 at the time)... that same night i met up with some of the lads in town for a pint and one told me a guy in our class had died a few months earlier.... since then another 3 or 4 have passed :(

Good friend of mine had a heart attack recently, 50ish. Saw him a couple of weeks ago and in terms of outlook on life it really seems to have changed things for him, in a good way. Really looking after himself better.

Shook me a bit though, I was very unhealthy for years before trying to get a handle on it about 10 years ago, I'd say I'm probably in good nick for my age now (44) but it gave me pause for thought about other things going on in my life.

Good friend of mine had a heart attack recently, 50ish. Saw him a couple of weeks ago and in terms of outlook on life it really seems to have changed things for him, in a good way. Really looking after himself better.

Shook me a bit though, I was very unhealthy for years before trying to get a handle on it about 10 years ago, I'd say I'm probably in good nick for my age now (44) but it gave me pause for thought about other things going on in my life.

Love to hear this, man

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back