People Who Died (6 Viewers)

Just realising this TV presenter guy that's been on the news for being almost certainly dead in Greece is the lad who did the Super Ager show
Very likeable dude

Fucking cave scrambling is exactly the kind of inadvisable solo shit I'd have a go at

His recent TV show was a bit fat-shaming. But his radio show "one thing every day" was really really good stuff. How to make your life better with simple little things, backed up with science.

I hope he's alright.

On the train today a posh dude on the phone was yapping "like, yawh dad, I mean, I had like my phone in the bawthroom and was asleep, and then I woke up and the phone was going mental. Anyway love you dad".
I deduced that this lad or his dad is also a doctor called Mike Moseley.

His recent TV show was a bit fat-shaming.

The super agers show?

Like in the sense that fat people die younger?

All these shows tell us is we're basically fucked if we didn't get born Japanese or on an island in the Med eating fish and olives
It is a nice fantasy tho

from wikipedia:

In 2021, Mosley presented a three-part series, Lose a Stone in 21 Days for Channel 4. On the programme Mosley said that people can lose a stone (14lb, 6.4kg) in 21 days by calorie restriction to only 800 calories a day. This advice is considered dangerous by some medical experts and the programme received criticism on social media platforms.[11] Beat, a UK charity supporting those affected by eating disorders, wrote the following day that "the programme caused enough stress and anxiety to our beneficiaries that we extended our Helpline hours to support anyone affected and received 51% more contact during that time".[12]

The super agers show?

Like in the sense that fat people die younger?

All these shows tell us is we're basically fucked if we didn't get born Japanese or on an island in the Med eating fish and olives
It is a nice fantasy tho

No I think it's something else.
But the radio show (surely also available as a podcast) is really good. In fact, probably right up your street DMP, though maybe it wouldn't teach you anything new.

Moseley used to make good docs about things like the history of vaccines and anesthetics on BBC 4.
AFAIR at one point he was told he had diabetes. Moseley knew he had to lose some weight and went a very limited calorie diet (somewhere under a 1000 calories per day). This reversed his diabetes - doctors told him it was gone afterwards. After realising he had found a breakthrough on this, Moseley became more of a health guru and I lost interest in him as he went in that direction.

He seemed generally enthused by the subjects he was covering

He had the same wonder that Johnny Ball used to have on Think Of A Number

That there is legitmate real wonder in the world and there's nothing holding us back from discovering it
It's right there

RIP

He seemed generally enthused by the subjects he was covering

He had the same wonder that Johnny Ball used to have on Think Of A Number

That there is legitmate real wonder in the world and there's nothing holding us back from discovering it
It's right there

RIP
Just preferably not on a greek island, in hindsight.

Sorry

Just preferably not on a greek island, in hindsight.

Sorry
True enough

But also seems like a life well-lived
Bet he had his house in order. Everyone knew where they stood with him.
Died having an adventure, not a heart attack after another night in the pub.

If I live to be his age, I have 13 more years left
Gonna go a bit more exotic and book a trip to the boiling lake on Dominica for my 67th

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back