People Who Died (10 Viewers)

I find it hard to feel anything about the passing of an octogenarian who by all accounts had quite advanced alzheimer's so in all the likelyhood the person who people hated and who's death they are cheering, rightly or wrongly, disappeared off the face of the earth some years ago. Her ideology on the other hand, still around, still being implemented by the tories today, in 2013 Cameron is a far more pernicious figure than Thatcher.

Also, lulz @ the people who would normally be talking anti-religion god is bullshit stuff on twitter who today hve they decided that it would be quite good if hell were a real thing.

I find it hard to feel anything about the passing of an octogenarian who by all accounts had quite advanced alzheimer's so in all the likelyhood the person who people hated and who's death they are cheering, rightly or wrongly, disappeared off the face of the earth some years ago. Her ideology on the other hand, still around, still being implemented by the tories today, in 2013 Cameron is a far more pernicious figure than Thatcher.

Also, lulz @ the people who would normally be talking anti-religion god is bullshit stuff on twitter who today hve they decided that it would be quite good if hell were a real thing.

Oh no wait, I had Thatcher in a death pool, I'm happy she's dead now.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

When the kids came in from school and found me rolling around gleefully in a puddle of me own piss today they asked "What's the good news, Pops?" Then I told them Maggie was dead. "Maggie who?" they asked. "Maggie Thatcher the milk snatcher" I replied, somewhat surprised. "Never heard of her" they said. So I played them Maggie you cunt by The Exploited by way of a nuanced explanation as to the perceived failings in her colourful political career.

It certainly seemed to answer everything they needed to know because they didn't ask me anything else after that. In fact, they were very quiet indeed.

Now, having said that, when they asked me, last week, "Who is Nelson Mandela?" I said "You don't know Mandela?" Here, this should explain everything.... and I put on Maggie you cunt by The Exploited. It's the song that just keeps giving.

Their little friend never came back for another playdate though. Pity.

I thought it was great news. What a rotter. What a fucking rotter. A fucking scumbag. Someone who was against Mandela but supported Pinochet. That's not even fucking mentioning word one of her shenanigans in Ireland. For that matter I didn't think much one way or another about Bin Laden getting got. He fucking deserved it. At least though people didn't elect him.

The coverage on the British and even Irish news has been a fucking joke today. Fawning bullshit for the most part. I wish RTÉ newsreaders would tell it like it is. Who are they placating?

Apart from some upperclass Tory cunts and a few Falklands Islanders I don't know who could possibly find this a sad occasion. Would that a tyrant could die every day.

It's unfair to compare peoples delight at her death to Bin Laden. The Americans celebrated the fact that they had exectuted him and that's very different.

Its not that different,Americans would have celebrated his death regardless of how it came about.
If its not acceptable to celebrate one persons demise why is it ok to celebrate anothers?
Anyway, I'll neither be celebrating nor mourning.
I imagine,given her ill health over the past few years that death will have been a relief.

Its not that different,Americans would have celebrated his death regardless of how it came about.
If its not acceptable to celebrate one persons demise why is it ok to celebrate anothers?
Anyway, I'll neither be celebrating nor mourning.
I imagine,given her ill health over the past few years that death will have been a relief.

There's a huge difference between those two.

And perhaps celebrate is the wrong word. I definitely feel that spitting on the grave of the cunt that caused as much death and pain as she did is perfectly acceptable, even if she died long after the act. The idea that she gets a pass because she got old and fragile is bullshit.

Hitler was a half blind, anxiety ridden, isolated, incoherent mess when he finally went that doesn't somehow less detestable because he died pathetic. Fuck all that.

Because time has passed we're supposed to go "Oh poor Maggie, rest in peace there now" Fuck that she was a fucking monster. I can already imagine the tributes that are going to be paid to her because she lived long enough to avoid the infamy she deserved.

Those lulz people are the hipsters.
Q: How do know if someone's an atheist? A: They tell you.

Thatcher was a wrong 'un. I'm not sad to see her drop off.
David Cameron = Not As Bad.

From Billy Bragg, Calgary, AB, Canada, on the death of Margaret Thatcher:

This is not a time for celebration. The death of Margaret Thatcher is nothing more than a salient reminder of how Britain got into the mess that we are in today. Of why ordinary working people are no longer able to earn enough from one job to support a family; of why there is a shortage of decent affordable housing; of why domestic growth is driven by credit, not by real incomes; of why tax-payers are forced to top up wages; of why a spiteful government seeks to penalise the poor for having an extra bedroom; of why Rupert Murdoch became so powerful; of why cynicism and greed became the hallmarks of our society.

Raising a glass to the death of an infirm old lady changes none of this. The only real antidote to cynicism is activism. Don't celebrate - organise!

i've changed my stance from ambivalence yesterday, to being glad that the massive joyful reaction prevents her dodgy deeds from being glossed over too easily by the media

True story: the first medics who arrived on the scene of poor Lady Thatcher's demise took one look at her languid supine body and began to sing "Wake up Maggie I think I got something to say to you!".....

You know, sometimes you just gotta find the lighter moments when the darkness of death looms so large.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This 8-year-old kid

420941_645433782152745_1510563100_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back