People Who Died (2 Viewers)

Fuck, I was reading the whole thing as suicide over losing his seat.

I guess alcoholism is suicide though.

My initial thought when I heard the news were something along those lines, but more related to his alcoholism. It was well known that he had a serious problem, even when he was Lib Dem leader.

"An anonymous donor (who had likely read the New Yorker story) had offered to pay his tuition for the semester."

important to get a bit of self-promotion in there

Sean Moncreif started crying on air this afternoon when he awas talking about him.

I always thought he was a bit of a dick.

I was on that show where an Irish "celebrity" cooks for him and his poncey mates and they criticise it.

He was a real dick about it

Sean Moncreif started crying on air this afternoon when he awas talking about him.
was that during the first half hour? i missed the crying. heard paul mcguinness's talking about when they first met in college. tullio was wearing a gold lamé cape, had a silver-topped cane and a fu manchu goatee. fond of the l.s.d. back then too.

i always enjoyed the tullio half hour on thursdays, even if it got a bit repetitive. i envisaged a paolo tullio drinking game:
when someone asks:
the limoncello question - drink a shot of limoncello
the carbonara question - drink one raw egg yolk
the bolognese question - eat one teaspoon of tomato purée
the brussels sprouts question* - break wind
etc.

* tullio's recipes for brussels sprouts invariably ended with "...and throw the whole lot in the bin"

r.i.p.

Mary Ellen Trainor

mary-ellen-trainor-ghostbusters-2.jpg

was that during the first half hour? i missed the crying.

It was right at the end, I had the radio tuned to Newstalk when I got in the car. He was talking about *someone* who had died and I didn't immediately twig and then he said "ah shit, I'm crying now" and he had to be bailed out by someone else in the studio.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Activity
    So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
    Back