People who are too rich (1 Viewer)

Well, I'm glad Russia have you to give them the benefit of the doubt on everything that comes up
Them being such a great bunch of lads and all

Correcting my statement for the Dail record

There's a strong correlation between Russian disinformation campaigns in Finland against immigrants and the ongoing rise of the Finnish right
Which itself correlates with the FInn party's rise to government from 2014 on.
Otherwise why would they do it? Because of the zero effect that it has?
Same goes for their targeting of Arab speaking populations in FInland.
It is not ALL Russia's doing.
Every country has a baseline of racists and bad actors. Russia just sees those people as valuable assets.
The racists you see attacking immigrants; Russia sees as useful agents of their agenda and fuels their ascent.

Basically, if you like the ongoing nurturing of racism and right-wingers in Finland, then you can give Putin and good ol' Russia a tip of the hat for nudging it along.

See the thing is I haven't claimed anything at all I just asked you to back up a fairly hyperbolic statement as I wanted to see where you were coming from. Instead you've gone on the attack again inferring I'm some sorta Russian shill.

I mean would Russia keep the campaigns going if they were having no effect?
Dude, it can be extraordinarily difficult to reliably measure the effect on user behaviour of some change you've made on a website that you have complete control over. The chance of the Russians being able to tell whether or not any disinformation campaigns they're running is having a material effect is approximately zero.

I mean - I'm sure they are running disinformation campaigns, but whoever's in charge of them doesn't need to prove they're effective to continue running them, they just have to convince Putin they're effective. Different thing entirely, I'd say

See the thing is I haven't claimed anything at all I just asked you to back up a fairly hyperbolic statement as I wanted to see where you were coming from. Instead you've gone on the attack again inferring I'm some sorta Russian shill.
Nah, man. I like you a lot. You're a very decent person.
And I don't like arguing on here.
I just hate all this hatred getting spread in places I care about.
I don't think Russia is behind everything, but there are clear places where they are engaged in fucking horrible shit.

Hyperbolic statements are the language of the internet. I might be more guilty than most.

Last edited:
Dude, it can be extraordinarily difficult to reliably measure the effect on user behaviour of some change you've made on a website that you have complete control over. The chance of the Russians being able to tell whether or not any disinformation campaigns they're running is having a material effect is approximately zero.

I mean - I'm sure they are running disinformation campaigns, but whoever's in charge of them doesn't need to prove they're effective to continue running them, they just have to convince Putin they're effective. Different thing entirely, I'd say
Ah, they're having an effect

I was reading on a Finnish Somali MP (Somali FInnish?) and he was dealing with lots of anguish from Arab speakers over there who had been exposed to Russian disinfo and were freaking out

You only have to look at the both sides rallies the IRA* started over the US - where they moved pro-Trumpers and anti-Trumpers out against each other
I don't know how totally measurable it is. But the effects are there literally to see with our own eyes.

*not that one

Honestly doesn't sound like a lot tbh

I mean considering what no-name accountants and lawyers and whatnot make.

Considering how bad he appears to be at the job I'd imagine that he's been vastly overrewarded.

My point was more about how if you are living a pretty comfortable lifestyle, and I imagine he does, so much so that you don't need to worry about how much you're being paid you might have too much.

He's either in for a lovely or horrible surprise when he gets around to opening a bank statement.

Considering how bad he appears to be at the job I'd imagine that he's been vastly overrewarded.

My point was more about how if you are living a pretty comfortable lifestyle, and I imagine he does, so much so that you don't need to worry about how much you're being paid you might have too much.

He's either in for a lovely or horrible surprise when he gets around to opening a bank statement.
in another career not remembering his own salary wouldn't be a big deal. but for an accountant...

I'm just back from Portugal (too rich), after staying (for free mind you) in a super rich area. Surrounded by huge villas. One time there was a convertible Rolls Royce with a silver bonnet parked outside the local cafe. The area was all about the car. The newer, bigger the better. There is no paths to walk on.

In fairness you didn't have to go too far to get away from the stench of brit money.

I'm just back from Portugal (too rich), after staying (for free mind you) in a super rich area. Surrounded by huge villas. One time there was a convertible Rolls Royce with a silver bonnet parked outside the local cafe. The area was all about the car. The newer, bigger the better. There is no paths to walk on.

In fairness you didn't have to go too far to get away from the stench of brit money.
That is so far removed from my experience of Portugal. Lads were growling about breaking a twenty as it was too big of a note.

ohhhh. Did they?
That's what I need to find to do up this gaff. I thought there were spare 250 grands floating about the place. I'd take doing up my gaff over dead 4km under water.

Here, by the fucking way, the reason you use carbon fibre is it's light and quite strong. That's the point. The lightness.

Why do you need to build a submarine with carbon fibre? Being light is not on a submarine's top ten want list. Being heavy is FINE if you're a submarine.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back