People who are too rich (1 Viewer)

funny to see Canada ahead of US. Probably because of those oil sands things? Tar sands? Whatever they call them.

Could be all the mining - it's a mining economy largely. And it could be the cold because if they didn't put the heat on for months on end they'd all die. There are at least places in the USA that are habitable already

Could be all the mining - it's a mining economy largely. And it could be the cold because if they didn't put the heat on for months on end they'd all die. There are at least places in the USA that are habitable already
Yeah, I think the open mining that happens in the tarsands is basically ecologically unforgivable.

A fair amount of the US needs to have AC tanking along. I'm not exactly sure, but I thought that was even less efficient than trying to warm places up.

Yeah, I think the open mining that happens in the tarsands is basically ecologically unforgivable.

A fair amount of the US needs to have AC tanking along. I'm not exactly sure, but I thought that was even less efficient than trying to warm places up.

That looks to be the case - i know about 1/3rd energy consumption of texas is essentially aircon

We are pretty gross though. The whole years resources spend in 1/3rd of a year.

Not sure how we’re in the same bracket as the Saudis?

could be a few things. They had 8 times our population on our that data - so while they might produce hydrocarbons they actually might not use a lot of them.

The next part is consumption per capita. Rich people consume horribly but a lot of saudi arabians have a lot less money than an irish person - so the consumption rate per person ends up lower for the vast bulk of saudi arabians. Also it is cold here and we mostly heat our country with oil and gas and use traffic jams to get around.

Ireland has super hight car dependency (76%) more personal heating needs and higher wealth baseline across the population so kind everyone is a hyperconsumer rather than just the oil classes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back