People who are too rich (2 Viewers)

Isn't that what the sub lads paid?
ohhhh. Did they?
That's what I need to find to do up this gaff. I thought there were spare 250 grands floating about the place. I'd take doing up my gaff over dead 4km under water.

Here, by the fucking way, the reason you use carbon fibre is it's light and quite strong. That's the point. The lightness.

Why do you need to build a submarine with carbon fibre? Being light is not on a submarine's top ten want list. Being heavy is FINE if you're a submarine.

could be a few things. They had 8 times our population on our that data - so while they might produce hydrocarbons they actually might not use a lot of them.

The next part is consumption per capita. Rich people consume horribly but a lot of saudi arabians have a lot less money than an irish person - so the consumption rate per person ends up lower for the vast bulk of saudi arabians. Also it is cold here and we mostly heat our country with oil and gas and use traffic jams to get around.

Ireland has super hight car dependency (76%) more personal heating needs and higher wealth baseline across the population so kind everyone is a hyperconsumer rather than just the oil classes.

Interesting all the same
could be a few things. They had 8 times our population on our that data - so while they might produce hydrocarbons they actually might not use a lot of them.

The next part is consumption per capita. Rich people consume horribly but a lot of saudi arabians have a lot less money than an irish person - so the consumption rate per person ends up lower for the vast bulk of saudi arabians. Also it is cold here and we mostly heat our country with oil and gas and use traffic jams to get around.

Ireland has super hight car dependency (76%) more personal heating needs and higher wealth baseline across the population so kind everyone is a hyperconsumer rather than just the oil classes.

Interesting presentation all the same. Sent me down a rabbit hole of looking at Gini Coefficients and gdp per person last night

Ireland also has the most ecologically degraded landscape in Europe. I think we're 14th worst in the world.
That's fascinating. And of course we're not going to seriously change it because Ireland is obligated to elect ineffectual gobshites into government, and we're terrified to say a word to farmers.

Where did you get this from @magicbastarder ?

One example - I think the parameters used in the calculation were prevalence of original native megafauna; land that would be considered in a natural, unmodified state; and fragmentation of that land.

BrochureMap7_ConnectN2000-1046x1300.jpg

One example - I think the parameters used in the calculation were prevalence of original native megafauna; land that would be considered in a natural, unmodified state; and fragmentation of that land.

View attachment 17263

Looking at the map - is that not a factor of the relative flatness/cultivatabilty of most of Ireland rather than purely ‘Irish farmers are arseholes?’ (Not that the two aren’t mutually incompatible). Some of the lighter coloured areas map onto what’s effectively either mountain or crap land for farming

partly; it's a lot to do with land ownership etc. and the fact that our native woodlands were almost completely wiped out.
I read a description of prehistoric Ireland’s woodlands that a “squirrel could go from east coast to west coast without touching the ground”. Hard to imagine now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back